DC Future State Spec

Besides the border color, the LCSD variant also has a little logo next to the barcode on the back.

Untitled

Im fairly certain you are alone in that thought process. Who doesnā€™t buy a comic they want to read because a certain character is not 'named in said book? Where is the logic in that?

I would suggest that you do not watch the Mandalorion. The show is in season 2, and the main character still has no name. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Sure he does spoiler alert heā€™s the Prince of Dorne :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Bro no one with a half a brain should be defending DC for anything. Im not talking about a nerd picking up a book to read. Im talking about pure spec value. You think the comic industry is alive because want to read comics? what you smoking? Pass the joint. Websites such as the one you are on and many others is what keeps the comic industry alive. Which again to my point means we run this shit. If there is no spec there is no point in us buying a comic, you want to just read it? Then wait for the paperback. DC sucks ass at spec. Everything they turn into the next Medium which is TV or Movie sucks ass along with it. Think about it, you take away every single person who buys comics for Spec Away, does the comic industry survive? Nah, and Im 100% certain Im not alone on that thought process. So again, ā– ā– ā– ā–  off like the last dude again. Dont come at me bro with nonsense. You want to waste your breath, waste it on someone else.

You donā€™t read the books of the hobby you enjoy? I basically spec to support my hobby of buying what I do want. Also, I avoid ever picking fights with people on this site and am friendly with basically everyone (while some people quarrel with each other a bit), but I am going to tell you once you need to calm down and be less aggressive at others. This forum doesnā€™t welcome the kind of energy youā€™re bringing.

10 Likes

Watch your tongue. You get personal again and youā€™ll find your privileges here revoked.

First and final warning. If you have issues with this moderation you can take with me offline. If you bring it up here Iā€™ll ban you outright. Iā€™m invoking zero tolerance starting now. So keep it clean and donā€™t get personal.

Now, back on topic, that goes for everyone.

2 Likes

You mean Din Djarin?

I donā€™t know. Do I? :man_shrugging:

I stopped reading there. Nobody who uses that term has anything relevant to say. And poor grammar to boot. Maybe you should read the books. :stars:

2 Likes

Well that went off track fast. Will stick to the topic.

A publishers goal is to sell books. You have pretty much 1 secret that people want to know from the event. You donā€™t reveal it in a free book where you canā€™t make any money. You reveal it in the books where you can make money off of to sell copies.

If the preview said Batman was Luke Fox, Tim Fox, David Zavimbi, pick your candidateā€¦that doesnā€™t sell more copies. The reveal in the book sells copies. And building it up to build suspense sells copies. You donā€™t give it up before it even starts. You donā€™t reveal the end of the movie in the trailer.

DC is struggling right now. Correct. But Iā€™d be willing to bet that Future State The Next Batman #1 and Future State Wonder Woman #1 will be two of the highest copies sold for the month of January. Likely both probably top 5-10 in the month. Batman usually is anyways. And those are based on spec for the new Wonder Woman and new Batman.

If anyone thinks thereā€™s no spec on the next Batman, look up the prices on Batwing 19/20 and Batman 313. Both have climbed quite a bit solely on next Batman spec.

To each their own though. We all love this hobby. Nothing to fight over. Good reads to all!

That explains why heā€™s so against taking off his helmet. Fool him onceā€¦

I hope Future State succeeds for DC. If it helps them continue to make comics Iā€™m all for it.
We donā€™t want a world without Dc Comics.
They look interesting reads and if there is a little bit of spec on the way will help pay for this amazing hobby.

1 Like

lol

I honestly do think Future State looks neat and I am going basically all-in on reading every issue as it just a 2-month event, like a big, ā€œWhat-If?ā€ with some lasting ramifications. I thank @AngryMrBungle for directing me to a site that let me preorder all the issues for cheap.

1 Like

Curiousā€¦at your shops, was the Future State Free preview book ā€œfreeā€? Not the 1 per account/special one, but the plain one?
My shop had a stackā€¦but they were all $4.99.
To each store their ownā€¦hard times, but was a bit surprised.

1 Like

I stopped by two stores near me and picked up 4 of the DC Future State Preview. They were free.

Anyplace I went had them for free, just handing them out to folk.

1 Like

That shop is just pissing people off and hurting themselves in future sales.as the point is to get people interested in buying the new booksā€¦

Bad move on their part.

I would refrain from patronizing that shop in the future. Where was it?

1 Like

Not really hurting themselves.

1.) The book is available to read online for free.

2.) If people are paying more than $5 on Ebay for it, then people will buy it for $4.99 at that store.

1 Like