DC Heating UP

Name one =)

This is me. I loved the hell our of the X-Men animated series when I was kid but was never able to get the comics. As a result I never read then at all. Flash forward to summer 2019 and I am looking at HOX/POX. I pick up the first issue and I am met with mild anxiety because there are SO MANY CHARACTERS that I just donā€™t know anything about. I want to go back and read it actually, but there are SO MANY X-books that it feels daunting and the anxiety comes back a little.

1 Like

Cap / Iron Man

Hulk (Cates)

Spider-Woman

These 3 I particularly like. Hulk is still in its infancy but I hope it wraps up arcs better than Cates has done with Thor.

Daredevil as well but Iā€™m only on issue 11 or 14ā€¦ I canā€™t recall. I definitely didnā€™t jump on it early.

But DC has some more ā€˜Crisisesā€™ lined up - they cant stick to their act.

They seemed to have set the ship straight with New 52, and then decided to ā€˜Rebirthā€™, so they have to come up with some good stories to get it right again.

2 Likes

Personally, I didnā€™t really like Rebirth, overall it was a bust. How many of these title are still around. They canā€™t do anything right outside of Bat. Even with latest Batman, its like throwing a new villain in every couple issue to spike spec. lameā€¦

Mister Miracle (Tom King)
Nightwing (Tom Taylor)
DCeased (Tom Taylor)
Hawkman (CANCELLED, forgot who wrote it)

are some reads that most found decent but not spec worthy.

1 Like

Thereā€™s winners and losers, it comes and goes in cycles as writers and creators are rotated in and out. Itā€™s just how it goesā€¦

I dunno where you get the conclusion that introducing new villain is tantamount to the publisher spiking for spec. Last time I heard they are the consumers who do that most often.

DC SUCKS BECAUSE WE CANā€™T MAKE MONEY OFF THEM

-basically the entire quote drunkwooky posted
:face_vomiting:

Just pointing out that this site is called ā€œComics Heating Upā€; if a book, regardless of producer, isnā€™t spec worthy, then you really canā€™t make money off of them. DC seems to have the lionā€™s share of non-spec books based on the number of titles they produce.

2 Likes

Nobody cares about D-list characters.

3 Likes

Bloodwynd ended up being martian manhunter in disguise so he wasnā€™t really his own character

Unless theyā€™re slated for MCU appearances :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

DC needs to improve on both the comic front, and the streaming/movie front.

Aside from Batman and maybe a couple others, they need new blood character-wise. Marvelā€™s characters are more appealing.

A good point above, though: if they do bring along new characters now, and they arenā€™t bought or specced on, there could be a period down the road where people are scrambling to get them.

Static, Cyborg and Steel are black characters that have potential if DC could do justice to them. Naomi still needs work. IMO Static has Miles potential, if done right.

1 Like

Something is up with naomi because volume 2 is only getting one standard cover and pearl is now a dark horse title with other bendis titles
i have a feeling naomi is going to get ff treatment from 6 -10 years ago soon

He changed his profile pic on IG to Dark Horse logo as well.

Teen Titans Go (the cartoon) is the best media DC has put out in the past 10 years. Seriously. The show is hilarious and all I have to say is B.E.R.

I can hear The Night Begins to Shine as I type this.

4 Likes

@ein this is a mega cool cover. Thought of you when I saw it.

Screenshot-20220224-200443-Comic-Hub

4 Likes