***dc updates contents and cover price for doom patrol: the bronze age omnibus***

HARDCOVER NOW INCLUDES A

NEVER-BEFORE-PUBLISHED STORY

DC announces that updated contents and cover price for the DOOM PATROL: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS HC, on Final Order Cutoff this week.

This book features a never-before-published Doom Patrol story written by Paul Kupperberg with art by Rick Stasi!

This title collects SHOWCASE #94-96, DC COMICS PRESENTS #52, DARING NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERGIRL #7-9, DOOM PATROL #1-18, DOOM PATROL AND SUICIDE SQUAD SPECIAL #1, SUPERMAN #20, DOOM PATROL ANNUAL #1 and stories from SECRET ORIGINS ANNUAL #1 and SUPERMAN FAMILY #191-193.

DC has also added NEW TEEN TITANS #13-15 and TEEN TITANS SPOTLIGHT #9 to this collection.

With an increased page count of 960, this Omnibus now carries a cover price of $125.00 US.

Following the end of their original series in 1968, the World’s Strangest Heroes made their return in 1977 in a series of tales that jumped across titles and featured appearances by Supergirl, Superman, the Suicide Squad and more!

This title features stories written by Paul Kupperberg and others, with art by Joe Staton, Keith Giffen, John Byrne, Steve Lightle, Erik Larsen, Graham Nolan and others.

DOOM PATROL: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS HC (APR190538) is on Final Order Cutoff on May 6 with an on-sale date of August 28.

From my point of view they just added 4 comics I would expect to pay no more than $4 for to the book and jumped the price $25. I imagine the unpublished 5th story they’re adding is supposed to be a $20 value? I was really looking forward to it the way it was originally solicited.

Expect this to end up on the Diamond Liquidation / Clearance list at some point for $20.00 or less …

I actually ordered only 1 copy just for me. I read thru most of my Doom Patrol up until the Vertigo stuff turned me off. They released the Silver Age in about half the issues in one trade last year but I’m holding off buying the Omnibus figuring they’ll offer the last half later this year. I missed collecting most of the stuff that went on in-between the original and the late 80’s relaunch mainly because I never knew to look for it when I was in my raiding cheap boxes and convention days or buying by the truckload so this fills a gap and I have a buyer already lined up for it at Half Off gently read!!!