Deadpool 3

I enjoy some of her songs. A cameo would be funny.

1 Like

I bet most footage they need from dazzlers character would be during a stadium concert. Theyā€™ll bring the filming to Taylor while sheā€™s on tour. You couldnā€™t ask for a better film shoot scenario.

I am not a fan of her music, not my bag, but certainly. It against her as a person or making a cameo in the movie.

But thereā€™s no way they could keep something like that under wraps without us knowing about it.

Sure they could, just have a ton of rumors floating around about it and folks wonā€™t know what is true or not! Itā€™s already working!

2 Likes

Oh boyā€¦

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers/comments/179ha6f/confession_the_deadpool_838_rumors_are_fake_i/

1 Like

1 Like

saw that yesterday, dont really care

kind of burned out on whose appearing and whose not

2 Likes

It needs to be posted. Have to give CHU members the heads up on not burning money paying $2k+ for a cgc copy of xmen 130 based on pure speculation.

3 Likes

Nobody should have been buying the book in the first place on that bogus rumorā€¦

2 Likes

I may have mentioned this before. When I decided to get back into collecting comics about the 2017-2018 time frame, it around the time that rumors were speculating on Deadpool 2. I have may the time frame a bit off.

I was hook, line, and sinker a FOMO fellow when I started up again. Chomping at the bit to buy up stuff that was supposedly ā€œhotā€. The book I was immediately burned on was New Mutants #8 (1st Surge because of rumors about Deadpool 2). Hard lesson learned but so be it.

Iā€™m pretty sure I paid like $50 for that comic back then. I bet I have since found 5 copies in bins for under $5 (and Iā€™ve still passed on them).

Live and learn but Iā€™m sure not buying in on this stuff anymore with the exception of finding it cheap for an easy flip to others that need to learn the hard lesson :slight_smile:

5 Likes

FOMO is a real disease and I"m at the point now I just say let people fail, itā€™s the only way theyā€™ll learn and hopefully it leads to success. Sadly some will never learn though while failing and spending a lot of money for nothingā€¦

2 Likes

I donā€™t get it. Why do people feel the need to buy a comic because some obscure character will be in a show/movie? Taylor Swift has her fans and Dazzler is a higher level character than say Ouroboros, but I just donā€™t get it. Major characters, OK. I can see why someone would want that. But all the minor minor characters that may be in one movie or one or two episodes of a show and then never again, why???! Just sheep following apps and YouTube, I guess.

2 Likes

Because if you can find it cheap you can sell it to people who are willing to pay market price for some obscure character appearing in a movie for 2 seconds

3 Likes

Yeah, but why do those people feel the need? How is the first appearance of the Aolith from Loki season 1 holding up? Or Bombshell from Hawkeye? I guess enough people have to get burned chasing stuff like that before they stop buying.

Iā€™ll play devilā€™s advocate here. I see the draw of Dazzler. Her first appearance is a great cover from a book from 1980. So, itā€™s old-ish. Harder to find clean copies. In 2023, that type of character plays well, because so much of pop culture/entertainment centers around diva singers. Masked Singer, The Voice, etc. Taylor Swift is the biggest pop icon since Madonna.

I think the MCU could easily make this a bigger character than what sheā€™s been in comics. Are people overpaying right now? Probably, but that happens with everything when itā€™s hot. Iā€™m in on Dazzler (saying this all from the perspective of someone who does not have a copy of her first app).

I love Dazzler. I have a 9.8 X-Men #130 I bought years ago. Im a big spender but even I wouldnt pay anywhere near what people are paying for that book.

1 Like

FOMO. Simple as that. People will buy books because they are getting hot and never look back. They have more of a hoarding mentality.

When I was young, I tried to get all the books on the wizards Hot 10 list. I realized how stupid this was but was able to sell what people were looking for as opposed to buying what is hot.

2 Likes