Disney Comics and Stories #13 Dell Otto

I just find it humorous, and also seems shady as always with them. Everyone knows they allocate books for their partners and friends, and I’m 100% sure I’ll see this limited to 97 copies on a specific group on Facebook.

1 Like

Please post if you do.

For those who picked Sad Lemon as one of the stores who would get some of the books, congrats.

1 Like

Duck Avenger just shipped after 3.5 months.

They gotta dump all their copies they held back first at peak value before sending yours out to compete and bring the prices down… :wink:

2 Likes

I just received the Duck Avenger set. The boards that scorpion uses are terrible. It’s like regular cardboard and flakes off everywhere inside the bag. My virgin copy is a 9.8 all day, but my trade dress copy is messed up. There is a small circular piece of the color missing at the top and some kind of damage that goes through the first 3 pages at the bottom.

They told me to tear it up into four pieces, email them a picture, and they will send me a new one. That’s cool :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t do business with someone that would make me destroy a book when it’s readily apparent it’s damaged. Heaven forbid you have a reading copy.

4 Likes

Worst business practice ever.

4 Likes

Unknown also asks you to destroy the book. Not every time, but I’ve seen it before

Destroying books is stupid. They do this to… A) make sure you can’t sell it at a markdown price and B) too cheap to pay for a return label.

I don’t do business with these types either. Either let me send it back for a replacement or refund me, but I’m not destroying the product to prove it’s “truly” damaged…

5 Likes

Actually, the only time I’ve run into destroying a book is when it’s a “limited release” store variant and it was some out. They do it to keep themselves “honest” by not having and additional book in the wild beyond what they said they sold…even though they clearly hold back copies they did not sell.

In other words, the true “print run” is always larger than the number they say is being sold.

I got the replacement Duck Avenger book and it was prefect.

Mickey with Gold Foil buttons, Gold Foil COA and Gold Sticker (whatever that means), limited to 2500 copies for $40. They just gonna reprint everything a bunch of times, so I’m officially not buying anything else from Scorpion.

2 Likes

But…but…but…this comes with a gold sticker! HA! POS.

1 Like

I found it odd comictom was promoting scorpion a few days before. Scorpion always hypes up their products which I get cause they’re selling them but found this underwhelming

Um… he gets paid to promote it. Huge audience is worth paying someone to talk about the book.

I would pay him to stop talking. Annoying man.

4 Likes

Probably a gold scorpion sticker. I saw on Facebook some people were getting some gold versions lmfao. So what better time to guarantee one then with another photoshop reprint

1 Like

Oh yea and you can now buy their shirts, if your into that

I think we should pay to see @Anthony act like Comic Tom in one of his spec videos… How much is that gonna cost?

1 Like