Disney Lorcana Trading Card Game

limited supply (but not for long) < demand

F3555lSXgAAI3NO

2 Likes

with no 1st edition stamps or serial cards, whether you by a box now or a year from now doesnt matter, they can print forever

1 Like

Boxes and packs are date stamped. 06/13/23 CM 0109 for example show the date the cards were printed.
They may print chapter 1 forever or they may stop when chapter 2 starts. I’m banking on chapter 1 being more limited than people hope…
It’s only the second day of release. I don’t think the hype has even really started…

1 Like

I got some stuff and sold it quickly for a tidy profit. I don’t mess with cards much but figured I’d dip my toe in and try this out.

2 Likes

At Walmart…

3 Likes

Cue the fistfights in 5, 4, 3…

Very, very surprised they are putting out those packs like that versus how they usually seal them and put them in a outer package. . So easy to open, steal, etc. Walmart asking for it.

1 Like

2 Likes

When everyone “knows” it will be “worth a ton in the future”right from the start, it …….

1 Like

Our Walmart has the shelves primed for Lorcana with the spot, prices in place. For all I know, they set it out and are already sold out.
I honestly don’t need to buy anymore, but am more curious than anything as to how the availability will be after tomorrow.
Will report out as to any findings.
I “assume” online sales would open up at midnight? Amazon, etc…

2 Likes

It’s gonna be mayhem I tell ya, mayhem!

1 Like

if anyone finds booster boxes online tomorrow for retail post the link here

1 Like

@Kevin
I saw that Barnes & Noble is carrying it. May be the better option to check as they may be less thought about (to a certain degree anyway) than other suppliers.

1 Like

My local walmart had them today.

1 Like

if cards arnt given a 2nd print mark after market prices are gonna crash

2 Likes

Looks like it’s just flippers selling to speculators. By the time you factor out the item cost, eBay fee, and free shipping, the under cutters have made the profit on the $29.99 gift set about $10. Meh, not worth it.

Shop Disney still has all starter decks and the gift set available almost 4 hours after launch.

If everyone is just hoarding these thinking they will make a huge profit, I think this isn’t going to be the long term cash cow people are hyping up.

2 Likes

Shop Disney is sold out

Check eBay now. As everyone is getting their stuff to flip, it’s a race to the bottom. If you can find a sealed booster box, that is the best bang for your buck in flipping.

1 Like
  1. Shop Disney was sold out within minutes last night. There were intermittent trickling in of starters but that was it. They remain sold out as of now.
  2. It hit Target at about 330am eastern and sold out in about one minute. As with Shop Disney, there would be intermittent additions of the starter decks but they would again sell out as fast as you tried to get one processed through your cart.
  3. Still no appearance on Amazon
  4. Word is that Barnes and Nobles may not have theirs till next week.
  5. In just a quick overview and impression from the various groups I’m in…people were not able to get products. Pretty much a complete mess with quite a few disappointed fans. Not flippers, just folks that seem genuinely interested in playing/collecting.
  6. This game is going to require booster pack availability to make it successful. The starter decks are fun and a quick entry into the game but they aren’t competitive against developed decks. You can only do that with a pretty significant supply of boosters…which definitely aren’t available from a retail perspective at the moment. I think we will see availability of the starters but the gift set, treasure trove, booster packs will be the issue.
  7. Nothing at Target here…nothing at Walmart here. Nobody even knew about it at Target, no information, etc…said…the card guy usually comes on Wed…he probably put them out then. I assume Walmart did the same as there is space for product, pricing area…but cleaned out.

amazon and the availability of product there may be the kicker with the launch for people. I assume it will be gone in minutes as well.

1 Like