Disney Lorcana Trading Card Game

Looks like Gamestop will have them on September 8th

Best Buy has some available: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=lorcana&_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Amazon: Amazon.com: Ravensburger

1 Like

The announcement said it wanted to be fair to players and collectors. Do people think they will mark the cards to show it’s a new printing? White border etc?

I have boxes of sealed boosters. Just wondering if i should sell this month or hold…

1 Like

Impossible to know. I even think of variations in the past with cards like shadow versus shadowless Charizard with Pokemon. If something like that happens it could create value.

Personally, I think the time frame before Christmas could be the high water mark. Once that next printing in early 24 hits…bust.
Yes there will be a restock in October, but based on what I’ve seen this far…it won’t dent demand and will vanish quickly. I could be completely wrong of course. Folks are going to hoard leaving your general fans, collectors, parents trying to fill Christmas lists scrambling.

1 Like

SELL…

2 Likes

You know, aside from everything else…it really is a pretty fun little game. I recommend it.

1 Like

I dont play card games. I just flip them… :money_mouth_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Best Buy now has the Boost Pack Display for pickup… https://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-lorcana-booster-pack-display/6550309.p?skuId=6550309

Ravensburger online store: https://www.ravensburger.us/products/disney-lorcana/index.html

1 Like

Starters back up on Target.

1 Like

I can see why people are flipping these…

1 Like

if they would just mark the reprints with something to tell the difference from 1st prints the prices would sky rocket

1 Like

If any of you has a reliable source for Chapter 2 preorders when they open up please drop me a line. I have zero issue paying “more” as long as I know I’m getting product. That was the hiccup with preorders for Chapter 1… nobody (especially ebayers) could really guarantee they would have the product.

I couldn’t quite remember but found my post from September of last year looking for a reliable source for cards as I was really confident Lorcana would go nuts. Even planning that far ahead, I really didn’t get much product. With just a couple of exceptions, none of the big time card, collectible shops were able to get the product for me around here.

My biggest bungle was missing the Best Buy preorder. That’s on me.

Product is now a ghost in my area.
Prices continue to rise.
I’m definitely standing by my comment about prices being astronomical pre-holidays. There is no way in hell a miniscule resupply in October (which shops will be far tighter in letting go) & small trickles of product at big box stores will meet demand. I hate the 3rd party supply system that Target & Walmart use. Probably my biggest frustration with the launch as stores either had the product out days prior, or haven’t stocked yet. The whole “On sale September 1st” was nonsense.
My only possibility at this point is random store visits and a Meijer store near me that tends to be less visited. It’s the place I always find comic packs.
Happy hunting everyone!

2 Likes

check Target…

2 Likes

That looks like it’s toys not in the trading card section? All the targets in my area don’t seem to have any product out yet. I read one random person online saying they were told by a Target that some of them won’t get it out till Tuesday/tomorrow.

2 Likes

@davidbitterbaum
It’s kind of a mess. Both Target and Walmart are serviced by a third party that comes into stores typically once a week and stocks products. The thing is, that person/job is sort of a “on their schedule” job. They come and go as they please and every store can be different.
The Target display is something in the toy section, but this is also a random deal and also depends on the store. It is a smart thing to look for though as cards usually aren’t with the toys. From what I understand that display and the cards were supplied to the store (not the 3rd party). So it could show up but the other stock (in the card area) may not.
Because this third party just sort of does what they want, and are on their own time table, the whole September 1st release date meant nothing.
In some cases the product was out days before…others haven’t gotten theirs yet.
Relatively speaking, for a game with this much anticipated demand…there wasn’t remotely enough product.
Walmarts received two boxes of booster packs (24 packs each), a case of starter decks (12), and a couple of gift sets and a couple of Illumineer troves boxes.
That’s very little and in many cases it would all be bought by one person.
Walmarts boosters are just single packs in a box…for those that do flip, this is the best play currently. The Troves are doing well also.
The starter decks have a booster pack in them so that is actually the draw there. I see a ton of starters being sold with the booster removed.

Anyway, I sort of like the fun in hunting as I’m not too far from stores. I actually have what I “need” :joy: but would like a few more boosters to simply flesh out my starter decks.
I do love Disney, and the art, cards are fun. It’s a great game and easy to play.
I do feel badly that they dropped the ball so badly. There are many people who just want to play the game and can’t die to lack of product.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard about sales at the theme parks? They were supposed to have some there for sale. I’m curious how that went.

The few articles and reports I read/saw said everything was gone in about 10 minutes.

Amazon was the other kicker… I’ve yet to hear of a single person who secured anything from Amazon.

bots hit amazon

2 Likes

not my picture…

Not trying to be a dick, but other than the sealed booster boxes, I don’t see prices going up when looking at completed listings on ebay. The Gift Set is $55 free shipping. The booster single packs average $10-12 if you buy a bulk listing, not a single pack listing. Those sealed booster boxes seem like gold bricks if you could have found one unwrapped or gotten one from Best Buy. Everything else… I’ll be curious to see when all the Sept 1st online orders of Starter Decks and Gift Sets arrive from Shop Disney and Best Buy. I bet a ton of that then gets relisted right to ebay.

Full disclosure, your FOMO has worked on me, lol. I saw some booster packs at Target and picked up a handful to see what happens. Target doesn’t let you return cards so I didn’t go hog wild. I’ll see if once the supply dries up by November what happens. If the 2024 cards are somehow marked as a second run, I could see this initial batch being worth something. Then again, I look at Beanie Babies and just don’t know.

2 Likes

Ravensburger webstore will have a restock tomorrow at 10am et…

2 Likes

yep with a quere line, so bots will be stopped

1 Like