Doctor Aphra just appeared in The Mandalorian (Spec)

Can’t see her being cast as a non-Asian actress. It has been indicated all along, including by the writer that she is likely of Asian descent.
I love all the Aphra stuff, have em all, but I def wouldn’t be overpaying for more copies of that #35.
Just packaged up 3 perfect copies of Vader #3 for the presser/grading.

2 Likes

Hope you don’t mind, not trying to hijack, but since we’re all Sw fans & Ahsoka/Dave Filoni was brought up.
Met him out in Anaheim & he signed and quickly sketched this for me. I’ve always been a huge Filoni fan boy lol. One of my favorite pieces.

4 Likes

Dont give Austin Books your money… They’re the worst.

katy obrien2 zahra

Anyone reading the current SW run? Where does this Commander Zahra fit chronologically with Mando??

I think Aphra is coming but in Leslye Headland’s project a ways away. It will be a smash!! (Female) Indiana Jones style in space with droids

2 Likes

Zahra is pretty much right in the smack of the original trilogy events timeline-wise. So a slightly older Zahra would fit within Mando.

I will say, I get really bummed when random spec starts up again before I can complete finding good copies of everything I’m trying to get! I only needed the 3rd print to complete the set and was waiting for a good looking one at a good price to pop up!

2 Likes

Does Aphra exist post Vader? I’m not much of a reader but I don’t think she does.

You think she died before Vader dies?

Her story is still being written… so I’d say she survives post Vader…

1 Like

Aphra is definitely coming, but I don’t think it’s her in Mando.

3 Likes

How about that #6 1:25 cover? My goodness. How can that thing be selling for more than her first appearance …aside from FOMO?

2 Likes

Shilled bidding and people in spec groups pumping it

2 Likes

Doesn’t even look like her. I get it’s the artist’s style/rendition and all, but it’s not a great cover IMO.

Silliness.

1 Like

great cover on a book most places dont order 25 copies of. also art was reveled late so most people missed it pre foc. no store variants either. also good aphra cover are really limited. not alot of choices

I get the “scarcity” part…but she looks like a mannequin to me…lifeless.

1 Like

There’s a great aphra cover on darth vader 3 and it even comes in different colors lol.

2 Likes

Geez. I just now looked up the 6 variant. Glad I ordered it purely because I liked the variant for 5 so much I decided to get the next couple just in case…

Heh…I had that on my preorders with TFAW… decided I need to be more prudent about variants and spending just to spend. I like Aphra & enjoy her books…but figured why get the variant.
Win some…lose some. In the end, the cover doesn’t do much for me so I’m good.

1 Like