Doctor Aphra just appeared in The Mandalorian (Spec)

Katy O’Brian in Z Nation:

George-Z Nation

And

Neck is too thick… Not feeling it.

They are showing this one, seemingly not very important, imperial nobody way too much to be nothing. Has to be her.

I just hope they save the reveal of her until season 3. There’s already been enough revelation this season. I still get the vibe that plot is kinda secondary with this show. If they throw her into these last couple episodes, it’s only because she’s getting her own show in 2021 and they want to lay the groundwork of her character prior to.

I agree she’s getting too much air time not to be a filler character.

But I don’t think she’s Aphra…

How about Boba Fetts daughter? Let’s throw out some other possibilities.

Given today’s climate on, well, everything social, there is no way that Disney won’t cast an actor of Asian descent fir the role of Aphra. I’m not sure if Katie what’s her face falls into that category. She certainly doesn’t have an Aphra look or feel, imo. Katie looks way to thick and manly. She looks like Vazquez’ (from Aliens fame) daughter. Aphra is much daintier, imo.

2 Likes

I agree she doesn’t feel like Aphra to me, but she’s definitely going to be somebody. Whether or not it’s an existing character who knows.

I’m just still trying to find relatively well priced 9.8 candidates of DV3. Despite my career in marketing mydegree and original job was archeology and Aphra has always been a character I liked. So loading up more for long term is the goal.

1 Like

I’ll sell you Poyo’s relatively well priced DV3 … :wink:

Haha, shoot me a pm then

Oh I was just trying to tease you. I’m holding for now (I did sell a lower NM grade earlier in the summer for decent cash)… her stuff is gonna take off when she does make it to our screens.

1 Like

tenor

4 Likes

yep, im buying her stuff like a madman. her gf and wookie sidekick 1st apps are winners for sure

Raw copies have just about doubled in the past week or two. I was seeing DV3 for about $50. Now I am seeing for a lot more. For example, I purchased 2 9.8s two weeks ago for about $230 each. They are up around $300. The 1:25 is going up a lot also. But why now? Has there been some news? Or is it just the character in mandalorian?

I think it’s just overall anticipation. People buying now so they’re not paying super premiums if and when it happens.

And I’m so happy the CGC 9.8 of DV3 Cover A I picked up long ago for $90 was such a great buy…

Heck yah that was a great buy! I have a few good 9.8 deals purchased in recent memory. But DV3 9.8 for $90 what be at the top of my list.

At this point. I am evaluating the 9.6 price point to see if it is worth buying. I don’t usually buy modern (and large print run - 75,000) 9.6. But even those may have upside from here. I may pull the trigger at the right price. If NM raw is selling for $100. The 9.6 slabbed premium may not be too big.

Honestly I should have kept loading up on them but I sold one over the summer but still have 3 x DV3 Regular, 2 x DV3 1:25 and the Slabbed CGC 9.8 Regular. I got a bunch of the Doctor Aphra Vol. 1 #1 books too, along with the Darth Vader #25 Action Figure Variant I think most look over as well, which is still pretty cheap and I think has potential to go up more.

The officer in Mandalorian reminds me of Iden Versio. The key character from the Battlefront game. Her character defects from the Empire.
Could be another possibility.
FB_IMG_1607347665171