Dollar Bin Diving

Anyone else here a complete sucker for dollar bins? I find myself digging through these each Weds when I head into my LCS. And, while I did find 11 Justice League Annual 1s in minty condition in a dollar bin, most of these aren’t hits. But, if I find a cool cover of an interesting book in NM condition, I’ll usually just grab it. Hard to beat 5 for $4.

Some recent digs:

3 Likes

I love digging through dollar bins and back issue bins when I go on trips. (Back in the Before Times…) Portland is such a hotbed for the comic industry and comic collectors (and flippers) that it’s almost never even worth looking through bins of any type at local comic shops here unless what I’m looking for is something recent that I need to fill out a run or finish a series.

2 Likes

A few more I grabbed.

2 Likes

I love dollar bins! Depends where though. This past weekend I pulled 2 Ben Oliver variants of Bitter Root #5 out of the dollar bin, but the real treasure was the Garbage Pale Kids do Hollywood One Shot Methane Max Variant :smiley:

Btw that Infinity Wars #3 is a sleeper for me. I’ve so been hoarding #4 for the 1st full and cover. Speaking of, I pulled about 10 copies of that one out of a dollar bin a couple of months ago.

1 Like

The joys of living in a country where comic spec is almost nonexistent. Some fairly recent finds in the $ bin and plenty more:

5 Likes

I live in the $1/back issue bins. That’s my bread and butter. I love digging through comic bins. Some of my greatest finds were found digging in the bins. :100:

Today’s dollar bin digging. Such a cool Moon Knight cover.

1 Like

That cover is :fire::fire::fire::fire:

A few more fun covers from the dollar bin. Sale today. 50 cents each.

2 Likes

That America 1:25 is a $400 in 9.8.

Mines off to the graders.

Which is why I snapped it up very quickly :slight_smile: eager to see what happens with the character.

Just a couple today. With covid cases skyrocketing, I gave myself 3 minutes at the dollar bins. Cool Cosmic cover. Gave the Cap to my daughter. Found my other daughter an Ant Man and the Wasp, as she’s collecting those.

3 Likes

Yeah, I used to feel okay going out with a mask on and being careful (sanitizing often). Now everything is just even scarier.

4 Likes

Books delayed at LCS so went to do some back issue Wonder Woman dives

1 Like

Couple new dollar bin acquisitions today.

1 Like

Some damn fine dollar bin finds! Love that X-Men with the hummingbird and Secret Avengers with Moon Knight.

Found these in the $ bin yesterday, always nice to find some older ASM Campbells

1 Like

A few more dollar bin snags from the past few trips. Obviously personal opinion here, but the Uncanny X-men vol. 3 covers are as good as any. And, I can’t say no to Scarlet Witch and Hellboy randomness.

2 Likes

1 Like

Love those 4 for $1 dollar bin sales. Grabbed a ton of fun covers. Here’s a few:

4 Likes