Dollar Bin Diving

Some Star Wars dollar finds. Extra nice when they cost $1.25 total. Love the Maul cover.

1 Like

I posted this is another thread, but I did pull it out of a dollar bin today.

I basically grab any America or Aphra books out of dollar bins lately.

1 Like

Did some bin diving today, even better because it was an additional 25% off

4 Likes

I’ve got to ask, what country are you in?

South Africa

1 Like

4 Likes

Al Ewing’s run of Mighty Avengers was a great series. Land’s art was awful, though.

1 Like

Found another

1 Like

That Captain America should come with an “art trigger warning” label on it. Poor cap’s head is the size of his fist.

2 Likes

3 Likes

A few recent fun covers found in the buck bin.

3 Likes

Went out to a store I don’t visit often as it’s about an hours drive away but I knew they had a couple books I wanted to grab in the $ bins

7 Likes

Nice score on Darth Maul. It took me forever to get a copy.

2 Likes

That’s it. Off to South Africa I go!

I’ll hit one comic shop and likely pay for my whole trip the scores @IbukiLord gets

7 Likes

Got a bunch of fun dollar books at a new place out of town. Speccy stuff too, but I put that on the LCS finds thread. Here are a few. Got 40 books total.

2 Likes

Couldn’t find many listings on these 2nd prints so assumed they were pretty hard to come by:

1 Like

I was reminded this weekend, just how many comic books were made and also of the fact that there a ton of books that aren’t worth the paper they are printed on.

It is very, very rare these days that I get “skunked” on a hunt as well. I consider myself aware and wise enough that I can usually pull a gem out of the crappiest of comic collections.

Went to a toy store/antique place that had about 50 long boxes full of comics. After about an hour of digging through them
I came away with about 6 filler books (not even worth a picture). I could not believe how much junk there was. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love all comics, these books were in nice shape and for a kid or reader, at a buck a book
they were great. They just weren’t remotely in the realm of valuable or spec type comics or stuff I care about, collect. I didn’t feel like it made sense to spend money/buy just for the sake of buying “stuff”.

Also, I’ve now decided the comic book “warriors of Plasm” is the most available comic in history lol. For some reason there were also about 500 copies of DarkHawk #4 there?

5 Likes

I spotted one of those in a dollar bin this weekend. So, if you find any info on these, let me know!

Can only find 2 listings on ebay 1 is asking $20 the other is asking $100

1 sold single bid auction for $30