DrunkWooky Quick Comic Reviews: DC Future State

Dominus had his hand in this. It’s in Generations Shattered. It seems like we’ll know more in Generations Forged.

dominus

I’ll check it out tonight. Thanks for the tip. I was going to skip it.

I liked WW, and I thought Swamp Thing was ok. The rest are pretty bad. Batman was boring, and the backup stories are not worth the extra $4.

I actually liked the Katana back up story.

2 Likes

It was maybe the best of the 3 stories.

Updating throughout the day with today’s releases:

1 Like

I liked both stories in Dark Detective A LOT. Granted I am biased towards Batman / Gotham but I felt they were both strong stories exploring new territory. The art was great as was the dialogue.

Conversely, I really did not enjoy Harley Quinn which surprised me. Harley is usually a fun read but the panels sucked and the story was meh IMO.

1 Like

Yeah, I enjoyed Dark Detective more than Next Batman.

Harley Quinn was hard to read because of the thin panels and hyper-saturated art. I think the story has a chance to be more than a Suicide Squad/ Silence of the Lambs homage, but that remains to be seen.

Agreed, I really did not enjoy Flash at ALL.

I did just finish Justice League & JL Dark and I enjoyed both of those. No surprise with JL Dark as it is written by Ram V. Great art, too.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to JL Dark. As you can see from my site, I’m slightly behind. We had the umpteenth daycare Covid scare last week keeping me off the computer on daycare duty.

1 Like

I updated this with quick reviews of Future State Wonder Woman #2, Swamp Thing #2, Harley Quinn #2, and Flash #2. Harley Quinn and Flash were actually remarkably better than their first issue. Wonder Woman and Swamp Thing remained MVPs of the whole Future State lineup. Wonder Woman in particular is a beautiful book.

3 Likes

Totally agree about Wonder Woman. Joelle Jones nailed it!

1 Like

So I just finished Robin Eternal #2, and I liked it. Still, the stars of Future State are Dark Detective :male_detective:‍♂ and Joelle Jones’ Wonder Woman, but I enjoyed the Nightwing and Robin books.

Justice League wasn’t terrible, but Justice League Dark back up story was better. I’m also a sucker for Etrigan.

The Next Batman fell flat for me. It was pretty much uneventful all the way around and a total waste of $8 ($32, really.)

I just want March to get here so we can get back to our regularly scheduled programming.

2 Likes

I didnt even read the backups in Batman after issue one they were so bad. The JLD is good.