E. GERBER Comic Supplies

I’ve been waiting for silverage boards to come in for over three weeks now. All three LCSs have said they can’t get them right now…so after 3 weeks of waiting and comics piling up w/o boards I went on Amazon and ordered some. Here in 2 days.

When I ordered last summer they didn’t accept PayPal.

Anyone know where I can get Gerber Silver Age Archives mylar (775R)?

My LCS is out and I contacted Gerber direct and they are out as well.

Hats the difference between 775R and 775M4?

Never mine…I thought you were looking for Mylites…didn’t realize they made Mylars too.

So anyone call recently? I usually get standard size Mylites2 and fullbacks. Seems like everyone’s out of anything I can make do with.

@ToddW
I called just a week or two ago.
I forget her name, but the same gal I’ve always worked with that seems to run the show.
Anyway, 12 weeks out on Mylite 2s and no production at all on Fullbacks for now. She’s not sure when they’ll start back up.

Wish I would have placed a massive order with my last one. I only got 300 of each.

Things are like gold now.

1 Like

Thanks!! Prices on 50 packs are $50 each at other retailers which is crazy expensive compared to eGerber direct prices.

FYI, I noticed some color rubbing off my marvel keys I put in with the full backs.

Namely Into the Spider-Verse 2 and Thanos 13. Dropped a grade or two because I put them against these boards.

So I’m no longer putting modern marvel comics into egerber. Double bagging like the rest.

I recommend others check on their marvel books as well. Especially the darker back covers.

5 Likes

If you’re going to order it had to be done over the phone. I’ve tried to do it via email and they wouldn’t. Also their currently only open Mondays through Thursdays. Just called to place an order and they weren’t open.

I called a week ago and she told me they won’t be taking orders for awhile.

I recently corresponded with George via email and that wasn’t mentioned. He actually said they’d be getting fullbacks in June. It was in the last two weeks that I spoke to him. I refuse to buy Mylars from BCW. So if they aren’t taking orders I have a problem.

What do you do with the flap of the inner bag when you double bag them?

So I don’t know what’s going on with eGerber. I calied a few times yesterday during business hours and got the automated message, with no option to leave a message. I emailed again and asked if they were still taking orders. I was told to call and leave a message someone would get back to me. In a follow up email I explained there’s no option to leave a message and left my contact info for them to call back. That was yesterday morning and I’ve yet to hear from them. If you aren’t taking calls or orders just say so.

Sorry, just saw this. I just fold it back along with the outer bag and tape it.

I don’t use the “self sealing” bags either. As the strip that peels off gets in the way, or it comes off which results in the inner bag is sticking to the outer bag.

I will say I’ve never accidentally had tape stick to a comic when removing it from the bag…but I remove the inner bag first so we if I fumble tbh r tape sticks to the inner bag, not the comic.

Just another added benefit.

3 Likes

I just got off the phone with our favorite E. Gerber customer representative and she told me they will have full backs and half backs back in sock in May. I asked if I could place an order now and she said no and asked that I call back in May.

3 Likes

Seems like a sound business move. Let’s stop taking any orders for several months and only tell certain people. If they weren’t so goddamn cheap I’d be done with them.

Just an FYI that E.GERBER is once again taking orders for the Full backs/products.

Just realize they are swamped and getting through to place an order isn’t always the easiest. If you leave a message they do generally call you back (sometimes after their stated business hours even).
They are currently indicating a 10 week wait time, but in my experience, they tend to say that, but have items arrive much quicker.

I also didn’t notice a price increase which was nice. You absolutely can’t find a better price for mylites and backing boards.

Another note, they informed me that backing boards/full backs are now only white on one side. Doesn’t matter at all to me what color they are, but I found that interesting.

4 Likes

Appreciate the information and find the boards being two colors interesting as well. Did they provide any explanation or update the product info to explain why? I don’t like the sounds of it though. I mean the boards were all white inside and out and now only one side is white?!

1 Like

@ToddW I honestly didn’t ask. I was speaking to the woman I’ve always dealt with and was actually just happy to have finally gotten through so I could place an order.
My assumption was only one side was white when they told me. I know nothing of the process at the mill but would assume there is a degree of bleaching the pulp in order to achieve the white. Perhaps this somehow reduces the materials? saves the environment somehow? saves time/money?

In looking just now, I do see on the web site that it does specifically say “one side white” but all of the other archival information has remained consistent and ultimately it’s that fact that is important to me (acid free, cellular fiber, 3% calcium carbonate buffer throughout, meets archival standards, yada, yada, yada).

Really glad they have them again though. I swear by them and the cheapest I’ve seen anyone sell them these days is like $80 for 50 mylite2 and 50 full backs. That’s crazy.

2 Likes

glad to hear theyre getting fullbacks produced again. no way i was paying $80-125 for 50 of each. the price gouging is off the rails on everything these days.

2 Likes