eBay Headaches

I’ve never used the global shipping and don’t ship Internationally So I’m not super familiar with it. I think the Hulk secretly works for them because those packages have been smashed.

On an unrelated side note if I have to change fir to for again I’m going to hulk out myself. Every stinking time I type fir or even sometimes fur. Never the word I want which is for.

1 Like

Just make sure to wear a fur for fir tree shopping.

4 Likes

Apologies if this has been griped about before- and I know it’s petty. Everything I put on eBay has the Best Option offer. And I do usually think about offers heavily before saying yes or no- unless it’s just obvious. So, If I post something on eBay for $100, I’m probably not going to accept $6, so why bother? I’m probably not going to accept $6 against a $20 item, but at least, maybe, there is somewhere to go with that one. I’ve thought about countering with $99.99 just be difficult. It’s happened a couple of times now and it’s just laughable. Petty Rant over.

3 Likes

Oh dude I hate that too. Those low ball offers… I always counter with what I’m comfortable selling the book at. If they accept, great! If not then, move on.

I alter the minimum offer option so that I don’t get lowball offers that I know I’m just going to deny. It saves me time and gives immediate feedback to potential buyers. I’ve only had one person gripe about “why am I giving the chance for best offers if I’m not going to entertain them?” Turns out they were trying to super lowball me.

I hope you blocked them after they complained. Lowballers have always been a source of later headaches for me, even if I get them to come-up to a better price. They always seem to then have an issue with the comic/toy/etc.

2 Likes

I always reply with a penny less to super low ballers. Sometimes they will reply back with a penny above their last offer lol

And to be fair I have super low balled on stuff that I never dreamed would be accepted and to my surprise a few times they have been and I was like damn now I actually have to spend this money lol

2 Likes

I lowball but never more than 50% and I’ve had quite a few accepted. If you don’t like em set it up so you don’t get them. Pretty simple fix to lowball offers.

1 Like

eBay switches all mine to best offer so I don’t fight them any more. Have a book up for $119. Guy offers $20. Told him to not waste people’s time and blocked him.

3 Likes

I’ve blocked a few like that myself.

1 Like

The only way I’d offer $20 on a $120 listing us if it’s way about market value. We all see those ridiculously overpriced items that make us shake our heads. So even a regular lowballer like me finds that block worthy.

Also I meant having a minimum best offer so eBay auto declines everything else. Doesn’t really work when eBay adds best offers without telling you though. God I hate that.

1 Like

I sometimes use a tactic where I price an item about 10% above market value and have best offer on. People will watch it. Then I send them an offer of about 20% off my asking price (about 10% below FMV) and you would be surprised how well that usually works.

My eBay gripe of the day is I have three items people made best offers on that I accepted that are now in non-payment status.

1 Like

They really should leave the item up until the buyer pays on best offer. It’d give them more motivation to pay quickly.

1 Like

I feel the same way. Funny thing is I hope on the one they don’t pay since the book has shot up in price since I sold it.

1 Like

I felt the same way when my AF15 Newsstand sold within an hour of listing. The buyer took til one day before eBay decided in my favor and I could relist it for more. I got $1200 on a $40 investment so no complaints.

Actually I just listed my VF/NM Star Wars Heir to the Empire #1 for $180 shipped and it literally sold in 10 minutes. I may have left some money on the table there but that was a $20 investment, so again no complaints.

I don’t even respond. I just decline and block those types… I’m not spending any extra effort typing up a short sentence with explanation…

1 Like

So… I have an “I hope I don’t have a headache here but I’m not sure what to do” question. But I’m going to be a little nebulous on the details.

I posted a book today, with a picture that shows some color rub, at 50% of the (at the time) other listed books. Well, it sold super fast and now the rest of the books are listed in the range I posted mine at. So I sold a sort of scuffy book for a low price based on when I listed but not low relative to when it sold. I’m now feeling, bad I guess is the right word, about it. A sale is a sale, but I really don’t want the headache if the buyer was not doing what I do and zoom in on every picture to make sure it’s what they want for the price. Ship and forget?

Reach out to him ask if he knows about the rub. Avoid the ship and possible return.

3 Likes

This is a good idea! I’ve sent a note.

1 Like