Iāve never used the global shipping and donāt ship Internationally So Iām not super familiar with it. I think the Hulk secretly works for them because those packages have been smashed.
On an unrelated side note if I have to change fir to for again Iām going to hulk out myself. Every stinking time I type fir or even sometimes fur. Never the word I want which is for.
Apologies if this has been griped about before- and I know itās petty. Everything I put on eBay has the Best Option offer. And I do usually think about offers heavily before saying yes or no- unless itās just obvious. So, If I post something on eBay for $100, Iām probably not going to accept $6, so why bother? Iām probably not going to accept $6 against a $20 item, but at least, maybe, there is somewhere to go with that one. Iāve thought about countering with $99.99 just be difficult. Itās happened a couple of times now and itās just laughable. Petty Rant over.
Oh dude I hate that too. Those low ball offers⦠I always counter with what Iām comfortable selling the book at. If they accept, great! If not then, move on.
I alter the minimum offer option so that I donāt get lowball offers that I know Iām just going to deny. It saves me time and gives immediate feedback to potential buyers. Iāve only had one person gripe about āwhy am I giving the chance for best offers if Iām not going to entertain them?ā Turns out they were trying to super lowball me.
I hope you blocked them after they complained. Lowballers have always been a source of later headaches for me, even if I get them to come-up to a better price. They always seem to then have an issue with the comic/toy/etc.
And to be fair I have super low balled on stuff that I never dreamed would be accepted and to my surprise a few times they have been and I was like damn now I actually have to spend this money lol
I lowball but never more than 50% and Iāve had quite a few accepted. If you donāt like em set it up so you donāt get them. Pretty simple fix to lowball offers.
eBay switches all mine to best offer so I donāt fight them any more. Have a book up for $119. Guy offers $20. Told him to not waste peopleās time and blocked him.
The only way Iād offer $20 on a $120 listing us if itās way about market value. We all see those ridiculously overpriced items that make us shake our heads. So even a regular lowballer like me finds that block worthy.
Also I meant having a minimum best offer so eBay auto declines everything else. Doesnāt really work when eBay adds best offers without telling you though. God I hate that.
I sometimes use a tactic where I price an item about 10% above market value and have best offer on. People will watch it. Then I send them an offer of about 20% off my asking price (about 10% below FMV) and you would be surprised how well that usually works.
My eBay gripe of the day is I have three items people made best offers on that I accepted that are now in non-payment status.
I felt the same way when my AF15 Newsstand sold within an hour of listing. The buyer took til one day before eBay decided in my favor and I could relist it for more. I got $1200 on a $40 investment so no complaints.
Actually I just listed my VF/NM Star Wars Heir to the Empire #1 for $180 shipped and it literally sold in 10 minutes. I may have left some money on the table there but that was a $20 investment, so again no complaints.
So⦠I have an āI hope I donāt have a headache here but Iām not sure what to doā question. But Iām going to be a little nebulous on the details.
I posted a book today, with a picture that shows some color rub, at 50% of the (at the time) other listed books. Well, it sold super fast and now the rest of the books are listed in the range I posted mine at. So I sold a sort of scuffy book for a low price based on when I listed but not low relative to when it sold. Iām now feeling, bad I guess is the right word, about it. A sale is a sale, but I really donāt want the headache if the buyer was not doing what I do and zoom in on every picture to make sure itās what they want for the price. Ship and forget?