eBay Headaches

I’m just going to use an old credit union account or something for eBay if I continue using it next year. Something totally separate from my actual checking/savings. If I just made a second account at my main bank and took all the money, if it eBay caused it to overdraft I’m pretty sure they would take money from another account to cover it.

Yup, that’s why I mentioned any account opened would not be tied to my others… probably just use an entirely different bank. Maybe I’d go with Chime… all online and apparently anyone can open a checking account with very little info cause someone opened one in my wife’s name with no money required to deposit… they required more proof to terminate the account with zero balance than open it… It was just nonsense…

I trust ebay with managed payments and deposits into my account. I don’t have a reason not to. I get money from my sales every day. It’s not all of it and some of it sits pending for a few days. It is what it is. They can’t really withdraw money without my permission.

Maybe I have just been lucky and not really had any bad experiences with people when it comes to returns, refunds and losing cases. It’s pretty rare when I lose a case. I may think differently if I felt I had been burned by them so I understand other people not wanting to give them access.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure if your balance is $0 in their system and you owe a refund (I guess fees are taken out before they desposit), they’ll be withdrawing it directly from your account.

If you no longer want to sell on eBay, can you still use your active account to buy from eBay using Paypal, do you need to switch to a bank account in order to buy as well? Does any one know?

I still use PayPal for buying on eBay. It gives me an option to add an account in their system for buying stuff, but so far I haven’t been forced to put anything in there. Everything I’ve read from them said they don’t plan On it either.

It’s only when selling. They’re actually allowing more options to pay now as a buyer, keeping Paypal as a method intact.

Good to know. Thank you @Mrwilson2105 and @agentpoyo. That’s what I’m going to do. Keep the account active for just buying.

Ugh. Had the dreaded cancelation on an eBay book. Seller stated he “miss priced” the book. Don’t know who this miss price is but if she lists a book for a price and leaves it up there until someone buys it, and then cancels the order, she should pay better attention to her listings and the news and not wait and check things until after they sell.

5 Likes

I’m not one for leaving negatives but maybe as buyers, anyone who cancels a book after it’s purchased with claims it’s “no longer available” or “mispriced” (cause they heated up and the seller wasn’t paying attention), just leave a negative on the experience… eBay will never remove if it’s based on the experience. It might make these shitty sellers think twice if they start racking up the negatives.

5 Likes

It will. It let me leave feedback. That’s the problem. They may have selected buyer canceled.

That’s an automatic negative feedback in my book. It’s happened way to many times with me and cost me thousands in sales.

2 Likes

I have been trying to, they listed the reason as damaged or out of stock, but I cannot leave feedback. Sucks.

Got pulled into managed payments by ebay. Timeline:

– First sales with this occurred last Friday.
– Ebay “processed” this on Monday.
– Transferred to my bank on Tuesday. Still in a pending transaction mode.

So, it looks like it’ll be about a week between the sale and actually receiving funds. Not the end of the world for me, but it isn’t as nice as the instant paypal transfer.

I’m mostly bummed to see that fees haven’t dropped at all for me. Those paypal fees have just been tacked on to ebay’s fees, unsurprisingly.

1 Like

Fees will only drop by .1%. PP charges 2.9% and eBay advertises 2.8%. They just simply want more $$$ per transaction. Raising fees will be next.

Ran into my first issue with the new payments. Sold an action figure back on Dec 1, and shipped it out Dec 3. Tracking shows it bing scanned, taken to a hub, and then no updates since Dec 9. Buyer just submitted a “didn’t receive item” refund request.

eBay’s official policies they updated to give sellers more time until these need to be handled (10 business days past last active scan I think?), but because the request has been opened the amount I sold the figure for has been removed from my available funds and put on hold until the case is resolved.

2 Likes

@RipCityGamer Ebay will be spending an awful lot of time handling issues like that. Gonna be a real nightmare for awhile with these awful delays. Good luck. Sellers are screwed…we will be forced to issue refunds…and the items will ultimately end up in the buyers hands.

I’ve been deactivating most of my stuff for the rest of the year at this point. Not only because of all the shipping delays, but also because I really don’t want to be stuck packing things and dealing with all of that the week of Christmas. I’ll be spending enough time taking toys and things out of boxes for my kids, I don’t need to spend other time putting toys IN boxes :rofl:

4 Likes

3 Likes

Nah, it’s on a pallet against a garage door at a USPS hub in Wyoming. Same place it’s been for 6 days.

1 Like