eBay Headaches

Two people messaged me on eBay today about packages they haven’t gotten yet. I sent these out on Dec 4th and then on the 11th they were scanned again in my own goddamn town lol and now they both just say in transit arriving late.

1 Like

So the expensive book I shipped to California on 11/30…still not a single update…but…
My final sale (removed all others)…made it to California in 4 days this week without a single hiccup. Uggggg…such a broken system.

Anyone getting lots of bogus best offers from zero feedback new accounts lately? eBay really needs to make winning bids and best offers binding like Mercari. If accepted, funds should be deducted from the buyers payment method instantly.

2 Likes

yeah…I still have a package I am waiting for that was shipped on 11/25…doubt I will get it until a week or two after the new year.

3rd person contacted me about an item from the same shipping date of December 4th. This one opened a case. Yippy. Wish people would look up the tracking which is provided to them in their order so they can see the status. Also wish they would realize it’s the holidays and shipping can be delayed this time of year and it can be even worse with Covid going on. USPS website even has an alert:

ALERT: USPS IS EXPERIENCING UNPRECEDENTED VOLUME INCREASES AND LIMITED EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY DUE TO THE IMPACTS OF COVID-19. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AND REMAIN COMMITTED TO DELIVERING THE HOLIDAYS TO YOU.

If this person would have looked up the tracking they would see it shows the package went from IN to CT and is now on the way to him in MA.

2 Likes

Some people don’t care. They want you to hand deliver it if you have to… so it makes it on time! :wink:

2 Likes

Oh, you mean the area of the country that just got ~12" of snow?

I imagine this really lessened the strain on the Springfield NDC. /s

1 Like

I removed just about everything that I had for sale last Sunday. The shipping delays are to much of a hassle. This is a hobby for me. I will spend some time trying to relax for a few weeks.

4 Likes

Besides my last big auction push where they’re almost all ending tomorrow and Sunday, I normally don’t sell around this time of year either despite the delays and such, I try to relax.

2 Likes

I find selling comics relaxing. I think it is fun. Sadly, this is a business but also fun for me.

2 Likes

I find some aspect of it fun, but it’s not relaxing to me… laying on the couch staring at the ceiling is relaxing… :wink:

1 Like

I found I don’t mind it all that much (selling) but having situations like this where things are completely out of my control and I risk not only losing my money, but the book itself…just not something I deal well with. The anxiety over the situation has actually made the last two weeks less enjoyable. Just how I’m wired.

I get that. I only get a little worried if it’s a high dollar item not because the item gets lost or damaged, having to refund but the thought of dealing with USPS and insurance claims is such a hassle and time waster.

As for other books I got a cover and aren’t that expensive… I have zero anxiety if they’re taking longer or I might have to refund… When I’m not in control myself, I can care less.

2 Likes

Here’s a question…does the post office do a good job of honoring insurance? Never had to deal with it. This book in question is a CGC Clone Wars #1 so I’ll have no problem offering up recent sales/proof of value, etc. I didn’t fudge the numbers and insured it for what it sold for (a small bit over)…but every single sale I could offer now as proof of value is actually far higher. It went up even higher after the Disney presentation.

Just curious if you’ve ever dealt with it. I’m not really financially strapped…and I never spend the paypal money from the sale until it is completely resolved. I just am hopeful that am some point…I won’t lose out entirely on this. I predict I’m going to have to refund the money…but in a month or so the book will be delivered.

I really feel horribly for the small businesses and folks who sell to pay their bills and keep food on the table. This shipping fiasco is going to crush them.

With proof of purchase that details the transaction, it’s usually never questioned. Just sometimes they require you to bring the item in to be inspected, etc.

Now if you sold an item for $100 and you bought $500 insurance, they’re only going to insure $100 unless you don’t have proof. So never fudge the numbers…

1 Like

Go to the USPS site and look for the “Find My Package” header — it’s probably in the ‘missing mail’ category.

Simply input the details and the USPS will 'ping your package to find the very last place it was (according to their own internal systems).

I have found that packages that went MIA can reappear within a couple of days.

If you get the dreaded, " We cannot locate your package", then it’s time to file a claim.

File the claim first with all of the data they request, they are usually pretty fast…and if you took the step above, it’s pretty cut and dried.

They will issue you a check for the insured amount…NOT market price.

—hope this helps…

2 Likes

If they live in Hawaii and they’re paying shipping I’ll hand deliver it.

They’ll complain still cause Hawaii has a 2 week quarantine restriction in place I think still… but great for you if you got an ocean view from your quarantine room… :wink:

Again, if they pay shipping I’ll hand it to a courier for same day delivery the day I arrive.

Covid cannot stop the on time delivery of DC Multiverse Merry something something!

Now try selling them when people are wasting you and your co-workers time by complaining about fake conspiracy theories to try and get you fired :rofl:

2 Likes