eBay Headaches

I am actually a little scared at the moment. I have about 10 packages that have not been delivered to buyers yet. Seriously clenched at the moment.

1 Like

I have an item that tracking shows as not yet having left my post office, but I have positive feedback from the buyer which I assume means it was delivered. Nice to know I canā€™t even rely on tracking =/

That very expensive book Iā€™ve been talking about that was sent out 11/30 is still in limboā€¦the only good news is that after absolutely nothing since the acceptance on 11/30 and a ā€œin transit/delayedā€ on 12/4, it finally had another update and ā€œprocessed at distribution center xxxā€ update on 12/23. So in nearly one entire monthā€¦my priority mail item moved a grand total of 43 miles.

At least with the new update and assurance it really was out there, my seller is still being incredibly kind and patient.

The stuff is out thereā€¦it is just all sitting in cargo trailers and buried. Their absolutely absurd lack of first in/first out processing is the issue.

3 Likes

I still have a bunch of other packages being delayed too. One with an open case too. That guy got another package that I had sent. The first order was by first class and the second was by priority. He keeps sending me messages on what am I going to do about it. I understand not being happy. But I canā€™t do anything. I have been checking each day on the progress of packages. Most are with the departed your post office. Then they get updated like 10 days or so that they arrived at the next location. A bunch are labeled depart post office still, ughā€¦

I hope that the rest arrive this week. Most of these are Star Wars toys that I sold. Next year I am switching to either Fedex or UPS in November or I might start just using them all together. The USPS is no help.

Tell him you plan on running for Postmaster General so you can then tell all the USPS employees how to do their jobsā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

This the real story on why Daredevil is in prison. He confronted the post master looking for his packageā€¦

6 Likes

Someone opened a case against me for the same reason and I just uploaded the tracking and ebay closed the case a few days ago. My tracking did not show it was delivered yet but it was delayed but still on the way. I am not sure what happened with Toy_Makers case but they shouldnā€™t be refunding the buyer if you provided tracking showing the packages movement.

1 Like

Yup and in other situations, even USPS when a case is opened will wait 2+ weeks before they deem a package ā€œlostā€ but under the given circumstances, USPS is just telling everyone the same thingā€¦ holidays, pandemic, sick workers, lots of mail = lots of delaysā€¦ itā€™s just common sense at this point. Americans need to learn patience againā€¦ this instant gratification is making people spoiled little babiesā€¦

5 Likes

So I had 63 total packages sent out in the past 2 weeks. Hereā€™s the current status of them:

27 are still in status shipped with tracking updates (I think roughly half of them show ā€œout for deliveryā€ today)
36 have been delivered (and most within 4 days, media mail is moving faster than priority currently)

Only 1 of my priority packages has been delivered out of the 27 still in shipped status.

I had 5 of these case opened the past two weeks. I did provide tracking numbers for each of them and 3 were closed because they got delivered. After a week or so the buyer can choose to have eBay come in and review. That is what the buyer did in my last case. Ebay just looked and saw that the item was not delivered and refunded the buyer. I donā€™t know what will happen when the item gets delivered. The item is stuck in transit somewhere right now. I canā€™t even see the details because of a glitch with Ebay. It is a bunch of BS. I think I will open a case with the USPS or look into it.

1 Like

This is a reason Iā€™m now done with eBay. Their support is sub par, they side with buyers (to make the customer experience better so they keep on buying over sellers). Imagine when things go wrong and they have access to your banking directlyā€¦ yeah, no thanks.

1 Like

You need to push back against their decision. I remember one time someone did a return and ebay took it upon themselves to refund the buyer before I had gotten the item back. I wrote them a nastygram saying how dare you refund this before I verify receipt of the item and so on and they refunded my money

If you have the tracking and it shows it has been picked up by the post office and is in transit I would call or write them and tell them now they went and refunded this the buyer is still going to get the items so now you are out money and the items. They either say too bad for you or they give you your money back when you show them the package is still in transit. Whatever you do donā€™t let them push you around. You have to at least try to call them on their bullcrap

3 Likes

I think in this case, itā€™s time to ā€œrequest a supervisorā€ā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes

So I have a question from the other side of this equation. Whenā€™s the latest I can do something under the money back guarantee? It looks like up to 30 days after most recent estimated delivery date. Does this mean I have to do something at least by day 30 or it doesnā€™t fall under the guarantee?

I have a stalled package that hasnā€™t moved since day of mailing 11/30 and Iā€™m planning to just wait it out, but if thereā€™s a cutoff in the eBay system that makes it harder to get a refund if it really doesnā€™t ever arrive, I uh donā€™t want to miss that.

This is where eBay if they have such policies need to be a little more relaxed with the known USPS woes going on. USPS and eBay need to work together. If eBay canā€™t break their own ā€œpolicyā€ they set themselves, then there lies the real issue I think.

1 Like

I mean, they do have an out if they were actually going to use it, which is to adjust estimated delivery dates. They havenā€™t yet for this package, which is why Iā€™m worrying about the pending 30 day ā€œdeadline.ā€

Contact the post office on the package and tell them the buyer was refunded due to the delay. Ask for the package to be intercepted and sent back to you. They can do that. You will lose out on postage but at least you will get the books back.

1 Like

I think as long as tracking shows itā€™s been dropped off and scanned, youā€™re in better standing. Is the buyer being impatient?

I canā€™t even get my post office to ā€œhold my mailā€ when Iā€™m on vacationā€¦ Iā€™d have doubts mine would be able to intercept a package while in transitā€¦ :wink:

Iā€™m the buyer! Thus, I want to make sure I give the seller loooooots of patience, but I also donā€™t want to be out both the comic and my money if I can help it.