eBay Headaches

Oh, you should pester the seller and tell him why it hasn’t been delivered yet… and “playing with your item and money is playing with your emotions”… :wink:

But being the buyer, you’ll get your money back. If eBay doesn’t side with you, your credit card company will… :wink:

You’re fine on the timeline. I know you are referring to eBay and 30 days etc, but PP allows 6 months. You’re fully covered.

2 Likes

Imgur

2 Likes

Seems the post office is catching up a bit. I had 11 packages delivered yesterday and today and have several more with out for delivery status.

1 Like

On a sunday? Weird. We have been getting mail on Sundays as well. I do not even check

Yea I actually had a package delivered to me yesterday by USPS and I said the same thing. Weird! They aren’t priority either they are just regular first class mail being delivered on Sundays

1 Like

I am going to check on the shipping status of my other orders and send a message to the remaining customers about the delayed shipping. Definitely going to switch to UPS or FedEx next November/early December.

I get USPS occassionally on Sunday’s. It’s not often but it happens. I bet under the current circumstances, they’re giving those willing OT to keep getting these packages out. Just like the addition this year of Christmas Eve as federal holiday, most of my outgoing shipments were delivered that day…

They’ve been delivering packages on Sundays for a while now near major cities, it’s just a regular delivery day. Just afetr Thanksgiving this year they expanded it to “any area that has an increased volume of packages” which I imagine at this point is most of the US unless you’re in a very remote/rural region.

1 Like

I just emailed everyone else that has not received there package that I am aware on what is going on and trying to explain why there is a delay. I gotten a few messages back thanking me for letting know and keeping them updated. I just wanted to send a message saying that I am not a douchebag, lol.

> Hi. Sorry that your package has not arrived yet. But due to the virus and holiday season the USPS has failed to deliver the mail on time. I think it is because of workers being sick and the amount of packages it has received. I hope it arrives soon.
*> *
*> *
> Take Care for now, Mike.

3 Likes

Two of my good buddies work for USPS so I couldn’t resist sending them this. I know it’s not the EE’s fault just makes me lol messing with them.

Imgur

7 Likes

Well. This is a first. I don’t order a lot off eBay but was able to grab a copy of Wyrd #1 for $2 before the news broke (sold my set for $59 after the news broke). Took about a month for it to get here. Hey, I am an eBay seller too so I didn’t bug the seller about where my book was. Checked tracking today because it was out for delivery. Tracking showed it had been delivered and had an extra note I have never seen.

I knew it couldn’t be good. So I ran out to the mailbox and sure enough, was shipped in a photo mailer with only the flimsiest of cardboard inside.

Yup. It looks like it was machined and the machine ate the corner of the envelope and the comic too.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Did the carrier let his pet rat play with it ?

All I know is, if I ever plan on buying stuff online for the better part of my life, never put Maryland on my destinations of places to live… seems like it’s a horrible place to have things shipped out and shipped into…

@Anthony Thought maybe you invested in the 1st appearance of Ratcatcher! :slight_smile:

My eBay/usps debacle.

Sold a cgc book. Accidentally sent the wrong book (I sent my newsstand version trainer than my direct).

Buyer agrees to send the book back and I’ll send the correct books plus some bonus comics for his trouble.

I get the comic back and it’s damaged. Looks like the box was dropped on its end…case is damaged, book inside clearly needs a a press too now to get it back to 9.6.

Book is only covered for $50 as it’s a return (priority). But that will cover a new case and press. So I submit the claim.

Letter arrives about a week later, saying to bring it into the post office for inspection. I bring it in and they tell me they can’t give me the refund unless I turn over the item…that is USPS policy.

All I want is to repair the damage…the book is worth more than the $50…but despite the visible damage and my quotes from value and from CGC and CBCS as proof of repair cost they want to take it and destroy it in order for me to get the $50.

So be warned. If you get a damaged book shipped priority don’t let the seller put it on you to get a refund/claim from USPS. Send it back.

Unfortunately this was MY book I sold that I wanted returned…kind of got screwed out of shipping twice and now the book is with CBCS…and I’m paying for the repairs out of pocket.

God, you got screwed!

I have my own horror story:
I dropped 4 boxes at the post office drop box in the post office because it was busy and I was in a rush. They never got scanned in. 2 weeks later and they show preshipment. I can’t do anything. I had to refund everyone and that was $120 total down the drain.

Yeah, if it’s a book over $15 I take it to the post office and get the receipt. Otherwise I leave them in my mail box.

Had that happen once where it never got scanned and had to refund the buyer.

You have to wonder how does a package the size of a book with tracking get lost without ever having been scanned?

1 Like

Should of broke the case more such that you could get the book out safely, then slip into the case a $1 book. I highly doubt the USPS guys would have know the difference. I know it’s not wholly honest, but the policy is bullsh!t and I believe, given the circumstances, that it would be more an act of civil disobedience/protest against said policy. :wink::man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ha! I was thinking the same thing!

1 Like