eBay Headaches

Days before. Three Jokers came out on Tuesday 8/25 and that picture is from 8/21. They put out DC stuff as soon as they get it.

Report them to Diamond Comics Distribution. (443) 318-8308ā€¦they are breaking their agreement with Diamond, and no shop is supposed to put their new books out before the books street date.
Iā€™m not so sure about now, but Diamond used to take this seriously.
Diamond used to hire ā€˜secret shoppersā€™ to go to stores before release day, and see if a store is selling before they are supposed to. @Anthony used to be one of those secret shoppers on occasion, I believe.

But DC isnā€™t with Diamond anymore they are with Lunar.

From posts Iā€™ve seen, Lunar doesnā€™t really enforce street dates well. They seem to not care much. Maybe if you told them a shop did it all the time thatā€™d cause a punishment to the store?

Maybe someone should notify DC about it. It creates an unfair advantage if shops get them on different dates, this is why they create release days for books.

When I worked at Best Buy long ago, new albums would arrive about a week prior to their release and they would have signs everywhere that if any employee is caught opening to listen or sellong them early before approved date of release you would be terminated on the spot and likely held liable for any suits brought against the store.

Youā€™d think that those other shops would complain themselves. Itā€™s definitely unfair and gives them an advantage. Iā€™ve got my pitchfork and a torch ready.

1 Like

New message from: 4reedm (368Turquoise Star\ 18x18)

Hi,

My book arrived today. Good packaging.

You said you didnā€™t see any colour breaks. And the pictures you sent me did not show any.

I did notice one colour breaking tic on the back cover spine that penetrates right through the last two pages.

Because of that Iā€™m opening an eBay return case.

I am open to a partial refund of $16 for the damages.

What do you think is fair?

You can still get a positive feedback from me. It all depends on what you do from here on out.

Soooo, basically threatening me if I donā€™t give him a refund then heā€™s going to leave me negative feedback? I had 12 photos of the comic, including spine, and then sent him a few more photos in a private message saying it didnā€™t look like there were any breaks. I swear, these people.

Feedback extortion will get any negatives removed. They just committed it. Plus they were fishing for a partial, which I hate. You ask me if you can return it and Iā€™ll offer a partial if I want to, donā€™t go fishing.

3 Likes

I had made a considerable profit already, and he had good feedbackā€¦hoping it was just a language thing as it was an international sale. Turned off international selling and blocked the buyer.

1 Like

ANYONE buying books months (or years) after release are 90% of the time not going to get NM books. If youā€™re buying books to get graded, BUY BOOKS ON RELEASE. Its that damn simple.

I never sell internationally. Once it crosses an ocean, itā€™s never coming back and itā€™s a hope and a prayer Iā€™ll get to keep the money. I just reply to inquiries that a few bad actors ruined it for everybody else.

I sell internationally all the time. But I use ebays global shipping partner that protects you more from things like this. I would report the buyer for feedback extortion though.

2 Likes

Shhh. Donā€™t be telling all my secrets.

And yes, I have done it. It was fun. Because most of the secret shoppers arenā€™t comic readers they come into the store asking questions like ā€œWhere is your latest Super-Man magazine from Marvelā€ and then pulling out their cell phones to take pictures. With me, all the stores I have been in know me and never suspected a thing. But they also all respected the street dates.

2 Likes

I took a hiatus from This thread. My PC is ok too. It seems to be an iPhone/iPad issue.

Stupid eBay and their rolloutsā€¦

1 Like

I will sell internationallyā€¦but only books $20 or less. I canā€™t remember the last time I didā€¦

And yesā€¦only ebays global shipping.

I always provide 12 detailed photos. Unless itā€™s an expensive book, I wonā€™t deal with people who are a pain in the ass. Too many requests for more photos and constant questions turns me off to the buyer. They tend to be the ones that ask for refunds and returns. The exception would be for items over $100. I provide plenty of photos and highlight any flaws. Once someone starts to be a hassle, Iā€™m done with them. Someone else will buy the book and be thrilled with their purchase.

2 Likes

Yeah I got a bad feeling after he asked about ā€œspine ticksā€ā€¦next time I will just say please see the photos, and if they want another one I will send it, but not answering them anymore in writing.

Anyone that asks me for more pics or whats your best price, I block them.

I know what kind of people they are and Im not dealing with the hassle.

3 Likes

They usually will not even respond when you respond to their requests anyway.

I had a guy ask me to take some more pictures of a graded 9.8 comic. Something about looking for the best one. I told him I donā€™t have it.

2 Likes

Oh for sure. I once had a book for like $10ā€¦ some ebayer messaged me several times asking for more photos. I thought, this is the person whoā€™s not gonna be happy no matter so even if they tried to buy, I had already put them on the block list and never bothered to reply. Itā€™s $10, Iā€™m not spending 10 or more minutes snapping a crap ton of photos to make ā€œthe saleā€ā€¦

3 Likes