eBay Headaches

Key Collector is a tool but they pick some dumb ass books. They added an issue where the swamp thing is an ear of corn the first time. Yup first swamp thing as an ear of corn. Better get your copies before they skyrocket.

4 Likes

That’s just corny
 :rofl:

3 Likes

It was also Tom Kings first work but they also specified the ear of corn nonsense.

I’ve checked wrong addy before, recently even. I asked seller to change, which addy is attached to my account, and they did. Told them hey no worries if you can’t, I made the mistake not you. So it can work. Granted I have great buyer feedback so maybe that helped?

Sure mistakes happen like that but if I change the address for a buyer and ship it somewhere other than what is on the original shipping label page my seller protection is voided and he could do whatever he wants and I lose. I’m not taking the chance no matter the feedback. It also didn’t help that he quickly filed a claim for item not received when I asked him to contact ebay and see if they can change his address on the transaction. He refused, got mad at me and filed a bogus claim.

1 Like

Oh I’m not saying you’re wrong at all. I was merely sharing a positive experience of my personal f up and the seller helping me out.

1 Like

I sent the wrong book out to a customer. They got a more expensive variant than they paid for. They bought a #1 1:10 book from me and a #2 1:10. Instead of sending a #2 1:10 I sent a number 1 1:25.

They contacted me (cool right) saying hey you sent me the wrong book. Can you send me the right one. I said absolutely please repackage the wrong book and I will provide a mailing label for you to return it. They said no, send the book along with a mailing label. We went back and forth on what should have been an easy fix. So against my better judgement I shipped the book with the replacement label (as well as materials to repackage the book inside the Gemini). So let’s take a vote, who wants to guess that I am out both the cost of the return label and the 1:25 variant?

4 Likes

Just got this this morning. What a bunch of shit. Seriously I love eBay bucks and now it’s whenever they send you an offer. Which they never do anymore.

3 Likes

Seems like a good way to slowly phase it out and hope they don’t wake the sleeping giant with the creaking door

1 Like

Got my email as well :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I got the email and was going to share it here if it wasn’t already discussed. There goes a nice 1% kickback. It’s a shame.

2 Likes

No easier one-stop way to report 1% increase profits during a calendar year?

Well, consider in 2018 they had $10.7 billion revenue reported, 1% is a nice chunk of change
 :wink:

1 Like

So gone are the days of 10% off and $15 (on purchases of $75) coupons and 15% eBay bucks promotions. I haven’t seen a general eBay bucks promotion above 5% in about a year.

Between lack of those promotions, managed payments and now shutting down the eBay bucks program (thinking 5% is actually appealing)
it’s like they don’t want my business anymore.

4 Likes

got the email too.

3 Likes

Same.

5% ebay bucks offer today

6 Likes

Yeah. “Hey, here’s your consolation prize before we take it away.”

1 Like

I’ve been selling on eBay for a few months and now and they’ve sent a notification saying ‘your payments are on hold until you update your information’ and it’s just asking me to add my ID has anyone else had to add theirs?

Got my first complaint about not shipping fast enough.

“When are you going to ship”

Ordered on Thursday evening
I have all listings as 5 days processing because of this exact situation. Orders on Thursday, doesn’t clear until Monday.

Surprised I got to March without a single complaint.

2 Likes