eBay Headaches

I know man…it took me awhile to figure it out and get it just right. I actually spent hours testing it with a friend adding stuff to his cart and seeing what his total would be with random books. I just got tired of people asking me if I combined shipping, and was thinking I was losing sales because of this. Turns out, I WAS! The next few weeks I saw my sales jump significantly.

Its a pain, but once you have it set, nobody will ask you if you combine shipping anymore, and your sales will increase I assure you…just takes a bit of tweaking…and everything isn’t in one place, nor is it easy to configure.

How do you guys handle feedback for items that were clearly shipped to you as cheap as possible to save some money? I got 20 comics today from a seller and I don’t think I personally have seen worse packaging. It was a plastic bag (the kind amazon ships clothes to you in…super thin) and the comics were placed in between two flimsy pieces of cardboard. All four corners on both sides where bowed in where they were bashed against something else in transit. Also pretty much every book had corner damage. Would you leave a negative or neutral feedback for the seller?

Always work with the seller first before leaving any feedback. Their reaction and how they take care of it should be part of the feedback process 100% of the time.

6 Likes

Yup, contact the seller first and see how they respond. Most are pretty good about taking care of you. If you’re not satisfied open an item not as described case.

This isn’t really a headache other than it just makes me laugh. It’s always the people who spend the least who have the most demands. I’ll make sure your $1.89 comic gets to you just fine dude lol

3 Likes

To him, the comic is priceless. :rofl:

1 Like

2 Likes

I bought these stickers on Etsy and they go on all my outgoing comics.

4 Likes

Thanks, I was able to adjust the settings.

1 Like

Sometimes those stickers make it a target for assh@les to throw around.

1 Like

Which is why I package my books very carefully.

2 Likes

The reason I say this, my girlfriend was talking about a friend of hers that had worked at UPS. She said that when some of her co-workers saw that sticker they would have some fun like “be extra careful” and then “accidently” drop it. People suck…

2 Likes

I’ve heard the same thing long ago from a guy I worked with. He did part time night and weekends working the UPS warehouse to fill up the trucks, said most of the workers who saw FRAGILE on the box would throw them like footballs, kick them around for fun. I told him that was awful, he agreed but he said being the low man on the employee totem pole you said nothing when they outnumber you.

1 Like

You know, I’ve read a study once where the writer claimed that just putting the word “PLEASE” before the requirement stated actually improved how people react.

For instance, they said employee bathrooms at restaurants where it stated the generic “Employees must wash hands” vs “Please wash your hands” they saw like the numbers double of those who actually washed their hands.

So I usually do a scribble of “Please do not bend or throw” on my packages myself, sometimes if there’s room with a “Thanks” at the end. During peak time last year when I was selling books, a few packages I even wrote “Thanks and please stay safe!”

You can only imagine a little kindness goes above and beyond, even it’s as simple as the word “please” on the package.

8 Likes

I 100% agree with this.
I think this is true for any aspect of life. Folks really really don’t like being told what to do. Some conform; but many others 1st response is “F U”. I am that way :zipper_mouth_face:
But when I hear please - my entire resentful, FU, “No I won’t listen” attitude goes away.
Heck - I’m a NYer and it’s my nature :rofl:

Yeah, the word “must” is very authoritarian in most of it’s usage. “You Must Do This”… kind of sounds like a parent telling their kids to do a task, etc. It just doesn’t go over well with adults.

2 Likes

Preach. Folks at work that don’t use simple words such as please and thank you in their emails don’t get a damn thing from me.

This is someone I would’ve reported for keyword spamming.

4 Likes

The cool thing about running across that listing was I learned Scott Snyder finished the pilot for Wytches. Looks like copies are selling for around $25.

1 Like

My least favorite "book is in f/f+ gem WOW emoji spam

1 Like