eBay Headaches

Ugh. Just had a guy make an offer on a book that I accepted. He instantly turns around and asks to cancel. Well, I have a few days to let it hang out there. Let him squirm. I will cancel it, but hasn’t responded to my message as to why he made an offer and then backed out right away.

eBay buyer name is antdesimone8

4 Likes

I think these are the types who go around putting in offers on same book and when they get the score on lowest first they cancel the others where sellers accept.

4 Likes

I have had more cancellations lately than ever before.

1 Like

Anybody notice Ebay changed the Summary page layout ?

I just ask that if you buy and collect comics you know the grading system and that 9.2-9.4 does not mean 10.0 and no flaws at all. That very very very .5 mm stress line is allowable

1 Like

I would argue that the majority of collectors or flippers etc do not know how to grade.

It doesn’t help that the grading companies keep shifting the goal posts as to what defects actually affect the grade.

3 Likes

'Ol Poyo says all his books are precious and perfect 13.0 grades… or do I say 12.0… I can’t even keep track of my own grading scale nowadays! :wink:

2 Likes

Well this is why I hate eBay. Guy said I sent him an empty box. I personally package all my comics. I sent out a ton of Superman 10 cent adventures copies last week. I have none here. Guy said box came empty. Needless to say he said people like me should not be allowed to sell on eBay. Yea someone with 100% positive feedback with 2500 positive feedback and a member since 2002.

I refunded him. Screw it. But I blocked villajorge

9 Likes

Sounds like a real winner there… it’s people like him that shouldn’t be on the effing internet in general!

Blocked. I wish there was a way of getting this out to literally every seller of comics on Ebay. That’s just B.S. and he knows it and knows he’ll get away with it.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Thats super shady. I blocked them as well…but he got away with it and I’m sure will make another account and do it again…

1 Like

Eh. I am out the comic. Really. I loss. I would have sent my personal copy to him but he was an ass.

1 Like

Blocked that guy. I’ve had buyers pull that same crap with me.

2 Likes

That sucks… perfect example of why I’ve never tried reselling on eBay… I’m just certain that I’d have to deal with buyers that try to scam me out of my books like that. Sorry dude.

1 Like

I haven’t had any issues with buyers in some time. Several years at least, though I’ve probably just jinxed myself. My point is you hear the horror stories but not all the uneventful transactions.

4 Likes

I realize a lot of you probably have used Shop Pay (payment through Shopify), but have you ever used the app? They just released a feature where you can follow the stores you normally visit, and then your “feed” populates with new items from your favorite stores.

The other cool feature…if you are like me, you forget which comics you order where…. This will track all of your orders regardless of which shop you order from. And give you a little map of where your item is.

Not sure how known this is as it just released, but I thought it was really cool because the shops I normall frequent (Gemini comic mailers, toss comics, scout comics, etc) auto populated to my feed.

2 Likes

Yea for every one sale that’s a problem there are a hundred that are not. It’s easy to look at this thread and think oh man eBay is a mess but it’s not. It’s probably less than 1% of my sales have a problem with the buyer.

3 Likes

I love the Shopify app. Handy for keeping track of stuff.

1 Like

I agree, its just those ones are really frustrating because they are most likely scammers who get away with it. Just wears on you! Statistically though, I’ve had thousands of sales and only a few who were bad. On the other side, I’ve had a few things go wrong on my end (mostly inventory snafus), which I’m sure the buyer isn’t excited about thinking they bought something and turns out they didn’t get the deal they wanted.

2 Likes

I can only imagine it’s more of falling prey to buying things you really don’t need in the first place… :wink: