eBay Headaches

I just saw that. What a rip off. They get a raise because now they add in the tax. Bullshit

1 Like

its the 30 cents on the smaller sale items

Wasn’t sure where to put this one and for some reason I can’t find a similar topic (which surprises me), but ebay really sucks!

So I recently made a sale of multiple books and because we couldn’t get a combined invoice generated (I can never figure out how to turn that function on), buyer paid individual shipping for all of them. I issued a partial refund and expected ebay to refund me the pro rata share of the fees. They didn’t. I reached out to them and asked why not, and the response was “I can see We took the fees on the total amount of the sale including shipping. Even though you have refunded the buyer, we do not credit final value fees in that case.” I went through several more people to no avail. Real idiots over there.

So bottom line, they’re collecting fees on money I rightfully returned to the buyer! This is really outrageous to me. It amounts to maybe just a few bucks, but this to me is an unconscionable business practice.

For you regular sellers out there, make sure to turn on the function to have buyer ask for a combined invoice or you’ll get stuck with paying unjustified fees.

2 Likes

There’s an ‘Ebay Headaches’ thread in this forum, somewhere.

I think that’s what you’re looking for. :+1:

1 Like

Don’t need to look, already merged with existing topic. :wink:

There is a “Send Invoice” button that should come up in your seller dashboard when a buyer purchases multiple items. In there, you can choose your shipping price.

Im all for getting off of eBay and complaining about them, but this one is on you. They have the tools available to you to use to work around this issue, it just seems that you haven’t taken the time to learn them.

I have a current issue ongoing right now where I went to refund a buyer part of their shipping and it said, “we experienced an error, try again”. I tried and tried and it wouldn’t work. Went through customer service and no one could help
 all they told me was to refund them with PayPal
 makes no sense.

2 Likes

I believe his point was that eBay is collecting final value fees on money that was returned to the buyer. They, eBay, shouldn’t be collecting fees on money that wasn’t involved in the exchange of goods. The tools being available are moot to this complaint.

Having said that, I do see your point, but I just don’t think it actually addressed the OPs concerns. :beers:

2 Likes

It may not have answered their concerns, but if the transaction was handled with the tools that were at their disposal, the fees wouldn’t have been an issue in the first place. If the tools that eBay has set out weren’t used, I think eBay is fully in the right in this instance, as much as it pains me to say.
After rereading what I wrote prior, the tone was a bit pissy. Perhaps I myself was in a bit of a pissy mood at the time. The delivery of what I was trying to say was off, but I stand by the message it conveyed. I guess we will agree to disagree on this one.

Quick question for the great and the good of eBay sellers. Is it possible to combine shipping when posting internationally using eBay’s own postal option?

A real simple fix would be to offer free shipping. Just include the shipping in the items cost. You’re being charged a fee on shipping anyway.

Yes I should have learned but disagree with you that this permits ebay to collect unearned money. Anyways they seem to agree with me as well because I tried again and credited me without further hassle. The rep also admitted this is a system issue they are trying to fix.

Bingo

1 Like

If they decided to return the money to you, as was their prerogative to do so, then I’m happy you got it back and are satisfied with the result.

I’d agree as well. If eBay is collecting fees based on final sales of goods and services, they should also refund when the seller refunds. Sounds like a whole lot of fraud if you ask me
 I’m so happy I don’t use eBay to sell anymore. Best decision ever to drop them when they switched to their own payment system

1 Like

Here is an eBay headache for you. Anyone ever have this? Why would eBay even allow a claim to be filed when the tracking they provide right on the very transaction that is ON THEIR OWN GODDAMN WEBSITE shows it was delivered 4 days ago. eBay if wack.

Capture

1 Like

You will win this. Buyer is stupid.

2 Likes

Or it truly didn’t arrive. USPS is pretty incompetent at times too. I’ve had shit marked as delivered and it never made to my doorstep or mailbox. But Andi_3123 was quick to jump the gun
 he filed his dispute on June 21st and item was delivered on June 28th. He’s just being an impatient little biotch more than likely

1 Like

Yes, you should win. However, I once purchased an item (probably a year ago) where the confirmation indicated delivered but it wasn’t. I was home and actually received the mail in person that day so it was really strange. Initially ebay ruled against me but I called and complained and they refunded me. I have no idea whether they charged the seller or bit the bullet on that one. It was like a $30 item. What got them to issue a refund is me telling them that confirmation only confirms city of delivery, not the address, so the seller could have easily shipped to the gas station down the street and nobody would know whether it was actually delivered to my home, just my city.

I had to raise the same issue again several months ago when I purchased a semi-big key (from someone who I suspected might be a shady seller) and sure enough, he did the same thing, only he was stupid enough to use UPS, so I called UPS (who was able to tell me the exact address used) and UPS confirmed he shipped to a grocery market in my town. I called him out on it and he immediately refunded me.

Oh yea I wasn’t worried about winning. I know I’m getting my money. It’s just stupid that they allow people to file claims against stuff that clearly says it was delivered in the tracking they themselves provided for the buyer! Once that tracking shows delivered I am done with it. If someone stole it or the post office messed up then you contact them. I can’t do anything about what someone did with your mail after they marked it delivered to your mailbox!