eBay Headaches

eBay should only allow cases of “item not arrived or received” two weeks after it was marked as “in transit” via tracking. If the USPS tells people to wait 2 weeks for potentially “lost mail”… that’s the same stance eBay should take as well.

2 Likes

No the order was placed in that date. Did they open the case before or after it was delivered? Also it took 3 whole days to arrive. Now I can block them.

What gives me a headache is eBay not enforcing their own rules on presale items. Ebays rule on presale is “Presale listings must clearly state that they are “presale” in the title and description, and guarantee shipment within 30 days of purchase.”

You can report a person for clearly breaking the rules and they do nothing about it.

3 Likes

Heh, I did read that wrong didn’t I…

1 Like

I hate that crap. It goes beyond just eBay rules. Even city ordinances… you see someone violating a ordinance and they just close it or tell you they’re gonna do nothing about it. It’s like, why even have the ordinance in the first place if you aren’t going to follow the freaking law you created?

1 Like

Not really a headache. Just me amusing myself with eBay buyers. Best read from the bottom up

4 Likes

I would never use profanity in responses. eBay will definitely always side against you when you use curse words from what I’ve seen.

I always curse at dummies who lie. I never lose!

2 Likes

There’s so many times I wanna curse at dummies as you say but I reserve that to people I know and who know me. I’ve learned over the course of my life, when you get nasty with people you don’t even know, all you do is escalate a non issue (something that pretty much doesn’t directly impact your life no matter the outcome). I love killing with kindness these types… I think it goes much further for yes, those who are actually lying. But that’s just me… too much anger and hate going on in the world, no reason to get nasty with strangers on the internet.

2 Likes

For whatever reason, I kinda chuckled.
Maybe because I wouldn’t either, but can’t lie that I didn’t laugh.

2 Likes

I have done it several times when people claim their kids purchased the comic and they had no idea and that they will not pay, I always respond, sure no problem I will launch a non-payment report and after three days close it. I always do. I don’t think eBay really does anything to non-payers but still like to make the report.

1 Like

It helps when they go to do it again and people have the filters on (x number of non payments in 6 months or whatever). That way they can’t screw another person over. I do the same thing.

I’ve only seen it happen once. Long ago I sold a turd blossom two computer components when I was selling computer parts under another account I had. One had free shipping, one didn’t. When I invoiced him, it had shipping costs (cause one was next to nothing in weight while the other was pretty damn heavy). Anyways, the guy loses his shit and says I should give him free shipping. I said, well, I’m combining these since they’re going to the same address, the smaller one with free shipping doesn’t automatically give the other one free shipping. I even stated I’ll send them separately if I have to, one has free shipping while the other doesn’t. He demanded I give him free shipping and said he was going to refuse until he did. So I opened non-payment to eBay with all the screenshots of his absurdness.

Enough time passes with no payment, they close the case and it was a few days after that he messages me, calling me names that now he seems limited on buying items cause I opened that case against him. I just kindly reminded him, well, pay your bills, this is not on me but on you instead. He sent a another nasty gram message so I just forwarded that to eBay. I think it was about a week later it showed he was “no longer an active ebay ID” :slight_smile:

This was probably 10-12 years ago though… I’m sure nowadays I would have been banned and they would have sided with the buyer… :frowning:

1 Like

Well, I got a real winner today. Media Mail label on a priority mail flat rate envelope. Comic was slipped inside (in a polybag). That’s it. Granted, the comic was already advertised as a beat up reader anyway, but come on!

Names and addresses have been blurred to protect the identity of the accused.

But hey, at least they thanked me…

We need to send this seller the ebay comic seller’s starter kit:

Hell, I would have been happy to see some priority mail cardboard in there at least.

3 Likes

But he sent a nice thank you card!

Yeah, all is forgiven when they send you a pretty Thank You card…

But I probably wouldn’t care how it’s sent if I knew I was buying a beat up reader copy… if it’s already beat up, any more beatings really aren’t gonna matter anyways.

But the one thing I don’t like is, them throwing a media mail label on a envelope that states priority only. Just goes to show how incompetent the USPS is… they’ll crack open your boxes to claim your comics don’t qualify for media mail but yet they allow someone to paste a media mail label on their own packaging that says you can’t use nothing other than priority… come on USPS… you can’t cherry pick when you want… either abide by the rules or don’t…

1 Like

omg, unbelievable!

or i a week or two their payment carrier bills takes the difference out of their account

If I used priority packaging with a non priority label, it wouldn’t even make it out of my city. I’m shocked they still delivered it.

I bet they dinged the seller with the overage.