eBay Headaches

That was an old eBay thing. people thought they could steal the books certification or something, honestly it is just an old carry over from the early CGC eBay days

1 Like

I actually ran across an example this morning and messaged the buyer. I asked if he could provide the graded notes as they had blocked out both the certification number and scannable ā€œbarcode thingyā€. They provided the info requested and said they blocked it out due to fraud.

The only thing I can think of is if someone uses the information and either created a fake listing of itā€¦or somehow used the info to report it as stolen.

Both seem like real long shots of actually creating a problem with the true seller/owner. Iā€™ve never heard of a problem with posting the codes before. Seems made up to me. Or is long obsolete.

Itā€™s not a social security numberā€¦

1 Like

I mean thereā€™s a consistent person who hijacks eBay accounts regularly. They post multiple copies of keys & will post a link in the second pic to email an address to buy the book. Weā€™ve actually discussed this in another thread or two. I mean who has dozens of copies of major keys and all the pics are taken differently?!

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen ā€œGood - NMā€.
Iā€™ve seen ā€œVery Good - Excellentā€

I think I just found my first listing for the comic being in the range of "Poor - NM".
That just about covers the entire spectrum; although I suppose one day I could find an "Incomplete - Mint+) :roll_eyes:

Frigginā€™ people

2023-06-02 21_24_59-Window

Poor to NM is quite a range. Itā€™s like saying a meal might be the tastiest thing you ever ate or literally be a pile of dirt.

1 Like

While our food maybe tastiest ever to pile of dirt, our service is horrible to excellent.

Come for the inconsistent food. Stay for the inconsistent service.

1 Like

It pisses me off that eBay collects sales tax, and then charges us a percentage of the sales tax as fees. Doesnā€™t seem right.

7 Likes

Itā€™s straight up criminal.

Hereā€™s something else ebay does. I didnā€™t notice before until I checked my fees. Say for example if you offer a discount if someone buys multiple copies from you. They charge the full amount and use that amount and take their fees. THEN they take off the discount to the buyer. Itā€™s absolutely criminal lol.

8 Likes

Donā€™t worry, some day a lawyer will seize the opportunity to make some good money and there will be a class action lawsuitā€¦weā€™ll all get notice through postcards in the mail asking whether we want to opt in and maybe get $5 for doing so to waive our right to sue ebay individually.

And knowing weā€™ll never take on eBay ourselves, weā€™ll all sign up for that $5. Because we could use that to buy a comic book!

3 Likes

I want $5

Been sayin this for awhileā€¦

Idk how there havent been lawsuits against themā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s all in the TOS you likely agreed to. They charge % on every transaction. Gotta read the fine printā€¦ if you donā€™t agree, then you donā€™t utilize their services.

Having stupid things that are atypical and possibly unlawful buries into a TOS agreement hasnā€™t stopped lawsuits from being successful in holding big corporations accountable for being smelly in the past.

Itā€™s only a matter of time, and a lawyer firm to take it on.

1 Like

I just got $26 from an Epi-Pen lawsuit. Itā€™s something, I guess.

2 Likes

I recently got $60 from a verizon class action

Thereā€™s not more lawsuits because no one forced you to use eBay, no one forced you to agree to the terms of service and no one made you continue to use eBay after they started charging sales tax. You, like most of us, went to them to use their service. Grown man made a choice.

1 Like

Which is why I no longer use themā€¦

2 Likes

A very rational choice. Youā€™re not happy with the service they provide, stop using it. Nice to see some sensibility @Gbess

Iā€™m still waiting on my payout from the IKEA settlement for printing out too many digits of oneā€™s credit cards on receipts.

July 28th isnā€™t far away!

1 Like