eBay Headaches

That cover is not a 1:50…smh

Batman 142 did not have any ratios

If you paid over cover price, you got robbed

It appears monopolyjackson is correct. The Batman 142 Steven Subic cover is listed on Leagueofcomicgeeks as an open order cover. There’s also no ratios for Batman 142.

I have seen this cover on my LCS shelf for cover price as well as all the other open order variants on release day. You can see that cover listed on ebay for cover price as well.

1 Like

Thanks both (although no need for the ‘SMH’ Monopoly - I don’t live and breathe comics). Definitely, strengthens my argument for a full refund. Interesting that there are three of these listed as 1:50 in the UK and one in the US. I think the multiple listings seemed convincing enough to not look into it any further.

2 Likes

for those who may be on the fence about putting mid-grade marvel bronze-age up for auction on ebay right now, behold my abominable recent sales (and also note the dc books’ performance in comparison):

2 Likes

It’s funny how the market works. DC Bronze Age horror is the rage right now. For some reason Marvel Bronze Age is not. There were a ton of great Bronze small press horror Charlton books that don’t get much love either.

2 Likes

@monopolyjackson could you have a quick look at your DM’s please?

1 Like

What were those selling for a year ago ?

I wouldnt have done an auction

2 Likes

i feel a little better after randomly checking auctions and stumbling on this easy win within minutes of auction closing:

3 Likes

Damn. I wish I knew about that one.

1 Like

Im down for $1 bronze age books… :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey guys, I got something for ya…

20% OFF !!!

Code: SLICKDEALS20

• This Coupon is a 20% off discount, valid from 5:00AM Pacific Time on 3/1/24, through 11:59PM Pacific Time on 3/31/24, subject to the twenty-four hour limitation referenced in point 3 above. The minimum spend per coupon is $20. The Coupon discount is capped at a maximum value of $150. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items purchased on eBay.com. Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, Vehicles in eBay Motors, and Real Estate categories. Coupon must be used within a single transaction (and can include multiple eligible items), while supplies last.
  • Max one redemption per user. Only eBay users registered on ebay.com, with an address located in the United States are eligible for the Coupon. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.
3 Likes

This will work for me? Suddenly I have the urge to go shopping on eBay…

1 Like

Try it. It worked for me

Code is dead now. Thanks for playing.

Unfortunately it’s doesn’t work for me. =(. Looking at it closely, taxes is steep…

Code is dead. Its no longer valid. I think the number of redemptions was met.

I didn’t know I had to rush. Oh well

1 Like

Guess I am not getting that Action Comics #1 and saving hundreds of thousands of dollars now.

1 Like

So much for it can be used until 3/31.

I have a grail I’ve been saving up for…I’m a few $100s away…would have been nice to have used this to put me over the threshold.

Oh well.

2 Likes

Has anyone had USPS taken your package on a road trip all across the country for no reason whatsoever? So I’m in the west coast in Canada and shipped a comic to Lugoff SC. Was supposed to be 4-6 days usually.

It’s now over 2 weeks and a quick look at the tracking shows west coast Canada->los angeles->Dallas->Columbia SC-> Lugoff SC (destination) → then same day ->Columbia->Orlando->miami → now back in Canada in the East Coast ???

I imagine it’s being sent back to me as i don’t understand why it has crossed the border back into canada. It was in Lugoff where it was supposed to be delivered for just 1 day and got moved again. Have no idea what’s going on.