eBay issues

God, can’t they just be honest and say they don’t want it anymore? They don’t recall bidding on it is the stupidest excuse. Say you were hacked or something if you’re going to lie.

2 Likes

I’m willing to bet there’s a lot of “drunk” bids going on in the world of ebay buying… but if that’s the actual case, I say own up to the purchase commitment if you do like to bid on shit while drunk or high, etc.

2 Likes

Another reason I don’t sell using bidding auctions. 50% of mine were dead beats.

Buy-it-now makes you own up to it instantly. And if I get a cancellation request it’s usually because they didn’t read the fine print or closely enough at the photos. At least they admit if they made a mistake…and with BIN it’s not like there was another bidder they denied a sale from. Realist and move on.

I do get about 50% dead beats with best offers
too which is why I don’t typically do OBO ether.

I have a graded comic that I believe is Spawn 309 1st print. I had someone tell me they are 3rd print. I believe spawn 209 came out in August of 2020? The 3rd print came out in November. Can someone give me a good link to prove this? The covers for1st and 3rd print look alike. Go Collect has that date as June. The image has the right information and the article has the picture for the second print.

CGC says that the date is 8/20

I’m sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread.

So you’re asking if the book shown is the 1st or 3rd print? CGC doesn’t note 1st prints on labels…only subsequent prints. Unless you’re saying CGC may have made a mistake…:flushed:

1 Like

Thank you. That answers my question. It is the first print. I just want to be sure.

Look at the barcode on the book. That will tell you which issue, which variant and which print.

1 Like

1st print

3rd print

30921 Is issue 309, variant 2, 1st print
30913 is issue 309, variant 1, 3rd print

So it’s the last digit I believe, that’s the printing.

5 Likes

Wait it says 30913 on the back.

Looks like a Cgc error. I’m leaning more and more to not buying modern Cgc books they seem to let a lot of things slip through the cracks.

2 Likes

I think this is the third print, as D-Rog mentioned.

It’s the 3rd printing then. CGC screwed the pooch!

I do not think they got it wrong. I have looked at a number of CGC graded Spawns 209 and I have seen both barcodes on 1st prints. All they have to look at the inside page of the comic to get the right answers. The issue is that all the information on telling 1st and 3rd print online is not very good. Looking at the covers does not give you the answer.

If someone has a link to explain how to figure out the printing from the outside of the comic I would gladly read it. As a collector, this drives me crazy. I would be mad if someone sold me a 3rd printing and I wanted the 1st printing.

Look I own a 9.6 of the same comic with the same bar code.

Found this one on hipcomic

Says third printing has the barcode

The barcodes have been the same for every comic across all the brands, issue #, variant #, printing #. Unless for some reason, image decided to screw with it only for spawn 309, that’s a 3rd print and cgc screwed up (like they have been for the last few years).

1 Like

2nd print barcode just to back up how they work.

Last number is printing.

1 Like

And doesn’t it even say “third printing” below the barcode??

2 Likes

Okay, then what do I do? Do I call CGC? Do I email Image and ask them to verify the barcode? I do not want to sell it if it is wrong.

:crazy_face: