eBay Seller/Buyer Avoid List

I imagine the seller at least admitted it was a mistake? If someone owns up to me that they listed something incorrectly for too cheap I am much more willing to let things slide than if they try to lie.

1 Like

zasid_8479 made an offer on an expensive set of books I had for sale. I accepted the offer. The buyer never paid and never responded to any messages.

1 Like

When I sell, I own my mistakes and don’t punish the buyer though. That’s just me. I think it’s okay if it was an actual mistake though, but when you start seeing repeated behavior from the same seller, well, then we all know it’s not likely mistakes, they just want to relist at a higher price cause they weren’t aware the book listed was selling for more.

2 Likes

I recently has a bunch of cancellations by buyers. do you know if there are any consequences when a buyer request to cancel an auction?

No. You can’t even leave feedback on buyers. It only dings them if they end up not paying without requesting a cancellation.

1 Like

I do not even know if it dings them for not paying any more. I clicked the option for opening an unpaid item and it just canceled the sale. I did not want to cancel the sale, I wanted eBay to step in

Oh, maybe that’s the case. I don’t really do eBay anymore. I’ve sold a few things recently but have not had to ping non buyers yet.

Doesn’t that take weeks/months to resolve, as eBay say “try to work it out!” And it holds up re-listing.

I just move on and re-list. Block the buyer to avoid future headaches.

1 Like

I want the buyer to get a strike, under the current system, there is no repercussions.

8 Likes

So……spite.

Short answer, yes, long answer, eBay needs to do something to clean up its marketplace from people like this.

3 Likes

s9xf2-24

Bid at the last minute; then never paid. Multiple times tried to contact - radio silence.
Deadbeat account with 0 rating.
I think people set up new accounts, bid, and disappear just to piss others off.

For some reason without fail there are always jerkwads out there that only try to ruin other people’s day.

2 Likes

You can set it up not to sell people with 0 Ratings.

1 Like

Weirdly, when I saw the people with zero ratings things usually go fine. They’re just new. Now, people with multiple unpaid item strikes are a nightmare.

2 Likes

Block this guy. He will swap his damaged copies with yours and ask for a return. Another seller reached out on the same book right before the buyer did the same thing to me: Veguillabros

2 Likes

tried to block user Veguillabros and gives me message saying it’s not a valid user.

Sorry. I capitalized it

2 Likes

Ok. Who is the a-hole here (it may be me) had a 1:10 variant listed for $20. When i listed it the book was selling for $25. Dude comes in and makes an offer at $15. So I do what I always do and check the recently closed sales to see the book is averaging between $50-$75. Of the copies up on eBay mine was way under priced (probably because it has been sitting there for a while). I declined the offer and adjusted the price. Dude comes back yelling that raising the price was a d!ck move. I responded I wasn’t going to take the $15 offer anyway but checked prices upon the offer and saw the book was selling for way more.

If he bought it straight away for $20 I would have never checked prices.

So who is the a-hole? (Be honest it’s ok to say it was me) trying to check the temp on this one.

3 Likes

Adjusting prices to market value is not a dick move. Every seller does it. The guy is just butthurt for not buying it at $20.

6 Likes