eBay Seller/Buyer Avoid List

I dunno. Sound like more work for me.

I say if you’re willing to go lower, then just lower it and be done with it.

Offer your best price. Leave it at that.

Several times (not always), I am forced to acknowledge my payment details before I can submit my offer/counter-offer and if it is accepted, payment is automatically made. I’m not sure what triggers that but if that’s a function that can be turned on, that would solve the problem.

That opens the doors for lower offers if you leave that option on.

It’s just a simple way to entertain offers in hopes your get your current offer price but if you’re willing, then doing this tactic saves you from someone making an offer, you take it and then they can’t not pay.

What it seems people are doing is trying to secure hot books for a low price and if they drop lower don’t pay. If they go higher they pay.

5 Likes

Exactly !!!

1 Like

The only value it adds is if a book gets hot and you “might” sell it for asking price.

Most make an offer anyway. Just adds to the aggravations eBay already offers for free.

If you’re trying to move inventory, just list it at your best price.

Someone I sold to recently sent a best offer and he has prepaid if it was accepted. So it’s definite possible but I think only on the buyers end.

I’ve bought from Several sellers who did just that. Lowered the price or listed book’s specifically for me. A lot of sellers are willing to go the extra mile to make a sale.

3 Likes

Block/avoid this seller on Ebay:
apasbsc

The buyer contacted me stating interest in a comic but wanted more photos. Of course I obliged. A day later they purchased the item, then because I have signature confirmation as part of the shipping description (roughly $300 comic) asked me to send to a different address that they would more likely be at. I said if you can change the address on your profile and Ebay allows me to print a label there would be no problem.

That didn’t work so I told them I would just send to the original address with standard delivery confirmation and full insurance. They requested cancelation. Big waste of time sending new photos and all the back and forth just so they can cancel the sale. Best avoid this buyer. They have 100% positive feedback on Ebay but who knows how many times they pull this cancelation garbage when they get buyers remorse.

2 Likes

Every buyer has 100% positive since you can’t ding them any more. Stupid system.

6 Likes

Here is a guy I have been waiting for payment from moonknight03 100% positive feedback

https://feedback.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/moonknight03?&filter=feedback_page:ALL

3 non pay positive feedbacks this month

4 Likes

Oh, he is so going on the list.

2 Likes

This is why I don’t leave feedback to buyers. You don’t get praised for simply pushing a button to buy something. That’s zero effort on their part…

1 Like

Had an interesting thing happen. Buyer on Mercari used the bundle feature. He added two books to a bundle with combined shipping. (Full price). Accepted the offer and then Mercari rejected it for payment issues. The offer disappeared then.

2 Likes

He probably did not have the funds to cover.

I am sure but stinks. Why bother to make an offer. I still think if an offer is made they should give the option to complete it.

Way too many people out there buying things they can’t afford in the first place. It’s the American way… buy now, pay later! :wink:

1 Like

I had a person buy my Young Avengers #1. I don’t assign grades. I take pics and list any flaws or damage in the description. I even state in the title to see the pics and read the description.

coyoteecomix* Sent a message today stating he wasn’t happy and wanted to return the book. I don’t accept returns so the only way he can return is to claim it wasn’t as described. Which is exactly what this person is doing. The pics show the color and non color breaking spine tics and I listed them in the description. Because some joker couldn’t be bothered to read or look I’m not accepting his return because I clearly listed the flaws and they show clear as day in the pics.

4 Likes

Name comes up as not a valid user.

1 Like

I doubt the person read the entire description. It sucks there are people out there like that, but they seem to be everywhere. I think you know the buyer will most likely win the dispute and you will have to take a return. That’s how Ebay rolls. At least Young Avengers #1 is on most collectors radar these days and it should sell again in the not too distant future.

1 Like