eBay Seller/Buyer Avoid List

I use Atomic, but ONLY for a couple dollar books.
I can’t take a chance with books over $15 or so. But I’ll gamble with $1/$2 books

I messaged the seller and waiting for a response . Books were only $1.50 but man the shipping on there is ridiculous and often what i pay most on

gre-149679

This f-ing guy bought a hot book from me and then immediately ghosted me. eBay does not even allow you to put a non-pay strike or file a case. I have sent him several messages telling him I was leaving for Florida on Saturday and it would be canceled if he didn’t pay by 10 AM (my last chance to pack the book before hopping on a plane.) Just a complete ghost. I hate this sh!t

4 Likes

And that’s why I don’t do auctions or best offers.

Pay me now or look elsewhere.

2 Likes

11_ben

Bid.
Retracted bid.
Bid again.
5 days later won auction.
Asked to cancel auction and not pay.

3 Likes

Now that’s a 1st class f$cknut

4 Likes

That’s a lot of useless work. People really have nothing better to do?

2 Likes

Getting a little fed up with eBay. Have sold two hot books recently, different books, about a month apart. Both buyers made reasonable offers. I accepted both. Both buyers ended up not paying. both times, I have hit the “solve a problem button” and selected buyer hasn’t paid. Both times it just offers to cancel the auction. Its frustrating because both buyers had decent feedback. No idea why buyers do not get strikes again or why eBay doesn’t leave the items listed until the buyer pays. Relisting the latest one, but probably have missed out on sales as a result, that is what happened on the last one.

4 Likes

They don’t want to derail their gravy train. If the ban non payers they’ll be left with fewer and fewer customers.

3 Likes

Yeah, Ebay likes their money but even a three-strike deal over a twelve month period would most likely punish only the worst offenders. Ebay needs to do a better job with deadbeat buyers.

Gotta give up on the best offers. Put your best price out there. Take it or leave it, but if you take it payment is immediate.

1 Like

It 100% tallies a strike against the buyer. However, the only way it matters is if the seller sets it to block bids/offers from those with a minimum number of strikes (I think it is 2 or 3). A lot of sellers do not mark that setting.

They only make money when the buyer pays. Having people not pay doesn’t help them at all.

1 Like

I think what he’s implying is, don’t piss off the customers even if they don’t pay. They want buyers to have the best possible experience, even if they decide to be total tools and not pay.

2 Likes

Money. It’s the same reason they don’t enforce half their rules because money is more important than doing so. You can report someone for clear violations of the rules but they do absolutely nothing to those listings, sellers or buyers.

Not supposed to do chance listings or grab bags. Not supposed to sell items 30 days before they’re available. Not supposed to keyword spam. I hate when people list a book and also list hot books that have nothing to do with what’s for sale. I can go on for days but what’s the point? They’ll never do anything to deadbeats or rule breakers.

1 Like

Hard to enforce rules and chase them down when there’s likely thousands or millions of them and you got a small team managing “reported” content. I’m not giving them a pass, they should probably develop smarter tech to try and ween these things out. If Bumble can detect “dick” pics in private messages and block them before the recipient sees it, well… I’m sure eBay could work on picture vs description type matches…

2 Likes

Did you get in trouble on Bumble Poyo?

Haha, no. But they did start blocking my selfies since they said they didn’t care if I was in my natural state of being chained to your basement wall naked!

What might help you better resolve the ‘non-paying’ buyer junk is to not simply ‘accept’ an offer. Rather, agree to lower your price to that amount for 1 hour. That way, if the buyer wants that book, they have to pay for it immediately…if not, they were never going to buy it anyways. This should result in a better batting average and if that buyer doesn’t purchase it, you still have your book for sale (and, consequently, another person can buy it at that lower price in that hour timeframe). You can then block that non-paying SOB and carry on. Total elapsed time for the extra steps; probably 2 minutes…

2 Likes

Love that idea…

And if they fail to buy and someone else swoops in to buy, you still sold it at a price you were willing to let it go at. You win either way!

2 Likes