Eternals Movie Villain leaked

I judge movies by watching them. If I enjoy them, great. If I don’t, oh well… $ means nothing to me… Titanic made how much money and that movie blew arse in my opinion!

Most don’t realize that Citizen Kane was a box office flop but is considered one of the best films of all time…

3 Likes

Fight Club cost 63 million to make and only pulled in 101 million or so at the box office. Another great movie… can’t judge it by it’s gross profits… $$ means nothing!

1 Like

I saw it yesterday and would give it a 7/10. There is some really cool stuff in there and I’m glad I saw it. But I’m not sure I would take the time for multiple viewings.

Some of the criticisms being leveled against it are just silly, in my opinion. I actually read some people say there was too much talking and not enough action. If people can’t be entertained by good story rather than stuff blowing up, I’m not sure that is a flaw in the movie as it is in their definition of entertainment. Oh - and there is also plenty of stuff blowing up (staying spoiler free).

2 Likes

That is true, but you also have to take into account the pandemic. It’s the 4th highest debut in North America during COVID-19. Considering the unfavorable reviews came out almost a week before release, it’s pretty long (meaning less showings per screen), and has characters unknown to mainstream audiences, I’d say it’s a success.

5 Likes

Yup. Don’t tell comic media or youtube, though. Everyone just can’t wait to tell us how bad Eternals is in their clickbait titles. Worst Marvel Movie Ever!!! Worst Reviewed Marvel Movie of All Time!! Most Boring Marvel Movie Ever!!

Going into this thinking it’s a superhero non-stop action movie and knocking it because it’s not is not a critical review of a movie, it’s lazy.

4 Likes

Could care less about the reviews… Gonna see it, enjoy it with my friends and talk Marvel Cosmic.

3 Likes

I just saw The Eternals. Meh. Kinda boring. Original comic story run in 70’s 100x better.

1 Like