False Spec Opinions

Anyone can pump and dump books. there are more sheep out there then you know and they buy into this frenzy thats being posted by " reputable" sites. its a shame there arent more legit sites out there without alteria motives.

Id call that a Hellboy ā€œprototypeā€.

Its definitely a prototype, but it is Hellboy none the less.

Topher either conveniently excluded certain books from that pump n dump post, or was unaware of them. Either way, Topher lost all credibility.

SDCC Comics #2 is, imo, the ā€˜true firstā€™ of Hellboy, as we now know him.

2 Likes

I went and read your comments on cbsi, @TheRedCollar. You presented the merits of argument quite eloquently, imo. Topher, as usual, came across as crass, entitled and petulant. And Tophers weak ass argument, about the colour red being the keystone to his ridiculous claim, holds no water. SDCC Comics #2 clearly shows Hellboy in the form we now know him. That story, in that book, is b&w, so the colour is irrelevant, imo. A Hellboy in B&W is a red Hellboy to me.

2 Likes

I appreciate you saying that jcLu. I tried to present my point with a cool temperament without devolving to childishness. You saw what it became. But, I feel as tho I said what needed to be said. Hopefully some newbies read it and thought twice before drinking the CBSI Kool-aid. Maybe theyā€™ll find CHU. Who knows :smiley:

1 Like

yeah, thereā€™s no f&^%king way this constitutes as a 1st or even cameo appearanceā€¦

2 Likes

I donā€™t think so either. Been arguing the point all day. The guy canā€™t take mild criticism of his views or dissenting opinions

When you look at it doesnā€™t even look like Hellboy canā€™t even make out what it says on the poster could be Heildo for all we know. This would be like a shadowed Venom arm appearance at most. Also by saying this is first Hellboy as red is a massive stretch since the whole poster is red with no color variation.

I think it says Hellboob

Maybe that should be another topicā€¦ā€œWhat does the all red poster in Next Men #14 sayā€: (Guess here)

Hendog?

1 Like

To me, it looks like a spooked french man.
The shadowing on the top of the head is his hair.
The Hellboy horns are his wide opened eyes.
The little vertical forehead lines look like nostrils.
And the horizontal eye slits look like a moustache.
Anyone else see what Im seeing? :rofl:

4 Likes

@jcLu
Hahaā€¦I do see thatā€¦

What I see more than anything else with your Frenchman theme in mind, is the animated Gomez Adams lol.

1 Like

HA! I see it too! Thatā€™s just it, now that I have seen the image close up I donā€™t look at it as a huge deal. Sure, there is some validity and like Alana stated more of a ā€œVenomā€ shadow than anything. A novelty. More than a dollar bin find, sure, but definitely not a OMG all out first appearance.

1 Like

pump and dump is complete they put it on the top 10 list at #2, but put batman beyond #37 at like #6

3 Likes

Huhā€¦That is a total eye opener. Very fishy and quite honestly very self serving. Gotta say I am disappointed in CBSI. Wonā€™t look at the site the same after that.

1 Like

It is really disappointing. Iā€™ve seen some fishy stuff over there before, but nothing as blatant as this. Itā€™s upsetting and damaging to the collecting

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never visited their site but I was thinking I bet the person writing the article has a bunch of copies of that particular book.

1 Like

Youā€™re probably right. I wish I had 99% of the books I speculate on for saleā€¦ Most of the time Iā€™m not selling or even own. Everyone can check what Iā€™m selling, my eBay id is the same name I go by on CHUā€¦ agentpoyo. :slight_smile:

And no, I donā€™t sell with any other name. Now I do have another ebay ID but it was created when I was selling a bunch of computer parts which I rarely sell now. So anyone can tell if Iā€™m pumping and dumping booksā€¦ which is never!

I also visit Comic Book Speculation, used to be Scalping & really enjoy Nicos Weekend Update. They did run an article on Fathom & Soulfire recently & referenced an article that was nearly 2 years old. Reasonable priced copies disappeared of Fathom Preview and you canā€™t find wizard 139 period. Iā€™m pretty sure they just overlooked the date but it shows you just what an article can do. I was ready to purchase a few copies and was waiting til payday. Article was ran and those copies disappeared and prices have quadrupled.