Fantastic Four movie

People are getting mad because there is gonna be a lady Silver Surfer (as if that hasn’t happened already in the comics) and I’m just here hoping Galactus has the big crazy purple and pink outfit. Seriously, massively purple and pink and I’ll buy a ticket.

3 Likes

It’s ok if people are upset that they aren’t getting the version of silver surfer they were waiting and hoping for. It doesn’t make them villains. I love Julia Garner and am looking forward to seeing her pull this off. I bet we’ll get both versions of silver surfer though. I’m not a huge SS fan so it doesn’t make too much of a difference to me.

4 Likes

I’m thinking she gets killed off and Norin takes the mantel at the end of the movie…or makes a deal with purple guy to take him to save her…because how can you have Shalla without Norin? They’re a package deal!

2 Likes

FF #49 is such a better cover/book than #48. Sure, I get that it will never over take #48 but it remains undervalued imo comparatively speaking. Having both Galactus and Surfer on that cover (1st covers) is a pretty big deal in Marvel History.

2 Likes

There should be a Hulk 180/181 thing going on here…at least such that 49 gains some ground on 48. I’m not sure it will ever happen as surfer is just more popular/more stories…but I like 49 for the affordability and the cover.

I have issue 49 and have no desire to own 48.

2 Likes

Same. 48 is fugly.

I think the opposite is true. Hulk 180 should be more valuable than 181, like FF 48 is justifiably more valuable than 49. Happy to see 180 seeing continual growth. I agree though that FF 49 and Hulk 181 are considerably better covers. Like not even close. That’s where the custom CGC labels are useful.

I would love to look back on 180/181 history to see when the “switch” officially occurred. I think it may have occurred around the time slabbing comics became a thing.

180 is a great book to have raw as you can open it up and say “there he is!!!” But in a slab it loses some cache…it’s like “he is in there, right? Because I can see him on the cover of 181…”

But like the FF48/49 argument…for those who prefer the book the market values less it’s at least more affordable to attain and own.

1 Like

We’re debating FF 48/49 & 180/181 when there’s so much rich and wonderful discussions still to be had about Shalla Bal… I mean the S.S. … I mean… well… you know what I mean.

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :kissing_heart:

J/K!!!

3 Likes

He’s from my town…that’s cool news.

2 Likes

I love that actor. Hes…fantastic !

3 Likes

He was excellent in Black Bird. If you haven’t watched it do so right now.

1 Like

Mole Man. calling it now.

5 Likes

Hes a pretty damn good actor

1 Like
2 Likes

Nice! Love the guy

1 Like

For some reason I could picture him as a really weird and creepy Molecule Man.

1 Like

As long as he keeps the Rounders-esque Russian accent!

2 Likes

Such a great movie! Though I’m a huge Edward Norton fan.