FOC Mega Topic

Or later printings.

3 Likes

2 Likes

dont think diamond info is right
any idea which cover this is? they say its UV

After scratching my head on this for a bit…
TFAW does have the Crypt of Shadows #1 available for pre-order, but when you search it is under “Marvel Halloween Special”.
Trying to search for Crypt of Shadows yields nothing.

1 Like

Generically Titled Marvel Halloween Special Aka Crypt of Shadows

3 Likes

X-treme X-Men #2 (of 5) (Rugg Homage Variant)

Cool homage

3 Likes

What is the deal with whatnot? I pre-ordered the #1. I have heard other people mention they are not good guys but I never heard why.

There is a thread on CHU talking about whatnot (whatnot app) that has a number of experiences and opinions about whatnot. Check that out.

3 Likes

I like the Whatnot app but know opinions vary a lot. Definitely check the topic about it.

I wish I was your subscriber at your store. Back in 1992, I was scourging for lunch money by delivering newspaper. By the time I heard the “Death of Superman”, obviously I missed the boat on that book or any Image #1 for that matter (Spawn #1, Shadow Hawk #1 etc.). Had to take a 30 min bus to go to comic book shop and obviously by the time I get there, its all sold out or the Store simply marked up all the Image #1. Man, it really sucked. These days, thanks to forum like this or simply internet. Information is widely available and now if your a store that gauges on new release, people will know. As an old timer now, I wonder if I become the very guy I despise by buying 2-3 copies on release day during lunch time and can drive to any store/place order online without much limitation. Man those days, I can still remember hesitating to pickup a copy or two of KnightFall @ 1.25 with the newspaper money. Glad I didn’t binge buying that series.

1 Like

I dont think so. I think you are giving yourself what you couldn’t do in your childhood. I know I have.

Thanks for being understanding. When I was younger, I just wish someone would leave a copy so people like me can have a shot to pick it up during the weekend. I still remember the one time I was listening to a older guy bragging how he have all these Image #1 (Gen #13, Maxx, Wildcat) and how he’s going to make a killing. I asked him how did he picked up these copies, he simply told me be here when the doors open on Wed.

These days, its impossible to pick up a “hot” book on the weekend or even on a Friday. Everything get snatched up by noon on Wednesday/Pre-order. Cause everything get spoiled on Monday/Tuesday plus books now is 3.99-5.99 regularly (effectively 3-4 x ($1.25 or $1.95) from 1992) effectively killing the chance for most kids to read floppies regularly (LEGALLY lol).

Growing up my parents didn’t have extra money to give me for comics. So now that I have that extra money on me, I go crazy buying them for both my boys and myself. Oh and sometimes the wife lol.

My dad used to tell me stories when he was growing up on how him and his 7 brothers used to pitch in to buy a single copy of their favorite comic.

So I know how sometimes greed gets the best of us.

4 Likes

I was in a similar boat, delivering news papers or cutting grass and spending money on comics. I don’t recall being that in tune with what was hot or not, I bought primarily to read and collecting came 2nd. Now I pre-order anything I want, in whatever quantity I want so I’m not drying up the supply on NCBD. I still support LCSs by going around and buying back issues regularly.

2 Likes

Yes please…

ASM 17

thats not on FOC…

FOC is 11/28, it’s on PRH

Well, definitely got time to order… :wink:

1 Like

1 Like