FOC Mega Topic

It was erroneously switched, but legitimately printed. I’d say it is just the cover and was as much an error as they tell us it is. But since it already has so much press surrounding it, I am sure the sheep will gravitate towards error, error and jettison this thing far higher than it should have been.

an error that would have a print run x times greater then it would be for#6

So every shop who ordered cover C will get this book…just not be charged for it and replacements are coming.

Seems like just another variant to me. Wonder if shops will put them out, destroy them…hold them back creating a false sense of scarcity…

2 Likes

so everyone that ordered soimaka cover (sp)
which probably was the most ordered one
that that instead with the correct one coming in a few weeks

destroy books insert jj laughing gif here

Cool cover…
(ROGUES #4 CVR C INC 1:25 KAARE ANDREWS VAR)

I guess What Not is a publisher now?. Noticed they had a book while searching on DIAMOND

1 Like

Suffice to say I will not be supporting this publisher.
I know exactly who that Whatnot crew is

8 Likes

Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths #5: Trading Card Variant Covers

1 -

2 -

1 Like

I feel like every Karre Andrews cover I see is amazing.

1 Like

Agree 100%, one of my favorite artists…

1 Like

TMNT vol 1 Compendium on FOC. Does anybody think this would have long term spec value? I’m not really well versed in what sort of omnibuses, etc have already been done for the original TMNT stuff.

2 Likes

Can’t beat a good Trick and a Treat.

1 Like

GHOST RIDER 7 ANDREWS BEYOND AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VARIANT

2 Likes

Ultimate Spiderman Homage, that is different.

Also, there are store variants trickling out for that Archie book.

1 Like

the 1st apps for the archie Halloween book, it says they only come out every Halloween, that made me skip the book.

This one is interesting because it is a series that nobody really buys or talks about anymore. The Slaughter Packs seem to be the last printings Boom does.

Hi all :wave:

Reminder that the new Phase II of Star Wars: The High Republic #1 is on FOC today.

It seems like Disney has not marketed the issue as heavy as their other titles, nor promoted it at D23 this past weekend. Most of the creators of the series are promoting the book themselves on Social Media. :sweat_smile:

It’s also odd that they have chosen not to do a 1:10 or 1:25, yet only the 1:50. Seems like a missed opportunity from Disney, possibly worse than what they did in Phase I, with many stores not being able to cater to demand. :woman_facepalming:

The 1:50 Duursema is the one to get. It’s currently marked as Sold Out on TFAW, but it could be worth checking the link periodically through the day as they finalize orders. :timer_clock:

More info in the link below.

1 Like

Hi Kimik. Plenty of store variants. No retailer is missing out on this. Especially with the 1:50 variant.
Also, the 1:50 will be on TFAW later today. It has not sold out.

Marvel is smart offering only a 1:50. It stops retailers from ordering less. Surprised they didnt offer a 1:100 or 1:200.

The book was promoted at Star Wars Celebration earlier this year. D23 is for movie/tv and parks content.

Agree with all this. I’m going with the Noto cover…maybe two copies…and I’ll keep my eye open for any store exclusive with great art that features a particular character…but may wait for “sales” around the holidays to minimize expenses.

This feels more like Mandalorian #1 part 2, where likely there will be plenty of exclusives diluting spec potential…only exclusives which shops “promise” to destroy copies have a chance of selling out. Boo to them.

1 Like

Spec on these early issues will be dead. Wait for later issues when new characters randomly show up.

1 Like