FOC Mega Topic

I could have swore they did one but just checked and yeah they haven’t done one

Better be an open order foil.

Chances are though some shop will claim the foil variant and make it a $40 exclusive, promising only 1000 will be sold but not answer questions about the fate is the other 2000+ copies.

Booo!!!

2 Likes

I know…there is already a second round 2 of other facs like Hulk 181 coming out…yet books like ASM 14, Fantastic Four 48/49 or Marvel Spotlight 5 get passed on.

But hey, feel free to make a facsimile of X-men #1 1991 series with a cover price of $7.99, though.

3 Likes

Was it really $7.99?

yeah, that’s nuts when a facsimile is more than the OG

Yes.

But wait…check out the prices of the Hulk 181 foil. Places are advertising an $8 “cover price” despite the non-foil being $3.99…

This isn’t going to be received well…

1 Like

$8 is excessive, but PRH notified dealers there will be no discount for the 181 foil or some of the other foils coming out. So dealers pay $3.99 per issue.

For the “picture lovers” :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I’m guessing this will not be heavily ordered.

There will be online stores that offer the foil variant at cover (because they dont realize there’s no retailer discount)…

1 Like

If you find them, please list here. So far all I see are discounts off $8 list price.

Just make the damn msrp $8.

quick search found 1 so far…

Forbidden Planet

Impulse Creations has it for $5.60

EconomicsInComics.com will have them for $5.99

No tfaw link for the 181 foil?

DCBS has it below cover price: Incredible Hulk #181 Facsimile Edition Foil Var - Discount Comic Book Service

1 Like

Not yet.

Impulse is where it took the screenshot.

EiC sent out an email (sorry about the all caps):

THIS COMIC RIGHT NOW IS SLATED FOR RELEASE ON JULY 12TH. THIS IS A VERY EARLY PREORDER OF IT. I HAVE SCANNED ONLINE FOR OTHER STORES SELLING THIS COMIC. I WAS A LITTLE CONFUSED AS THEY ARE SELLING IT FOR ANYWHERE BETWEEN $8-$15. I HAVE DECIDED ON $5.99 FOR THE FOIL.

So note that if you pair this up with other books on FOC those week this book will delay them.

Has DCBS every screwed anyone here over in the past. Either cancelling orders or raising prices?

Not me personally but I know some friends who got cancelled because they were deemed as re-sellers

No idea.

Ha! Logged in and answered my own question.

The only time I ordered they cancelled it because of a price error.

Tread lightly there.

3 Likes