FOC Mega Topic

I added

Orville Artifacts #1 (For the read)
AUG210019 - [x2] Hellcop #1 (Always good to pick up some blanks, I sold a bunch of Stray Dog #1s at a profit.)

I like black and white sketch 2nd prints.

AUG218382 - [x2] Shang Chi #3 [2nd Ptg]
AUG218381 - [x] Shang Chi #4 [2nd Ptg]

The Marvel Voices Community #1 Ramos VAR cover, is that the new 1st app, 1st cover?.

PLUS, an all-new hero takes the stage in a whirlwind adventure you wonā€™t want to miss.

New characters on The Bustos cover?

2 Likes

I think so. 1st appearance in the issue so the cover appearance would be a good play

1 Like

Not sureā€¦ anybody know who this character is?

2 Likes

No clue

The Marvel Voices Pride #1 for $9.99 was a pretty good gamble, sold a lot of those. Might go for this one too.

1 Like

At $9.99 you would think lower print run and stores not going to heavy on it?. With a 1st app, and possibly more I think it would be a good pickup. Especially if that is the new 1st app character on the VAR cover :+1:t2:

Definitely a new character and they held back the Ramos Cover until the last second of foc. They said a new hero emerges in the synopsis so this could Definitely be her 1st cover and 1st appearance.

1 Like

I dont think so. Thatā€™s Hummimgbird, Inferno, and Robbie Reyes. All Hispanic superheroes already introduced in prior titles.

1 Like

Might be Eva who was previously introduced in Reptil #1. If so, maybe this is a first cover appearance (?) but not a first outright.

4 Likes

I think you might be right. It looks like her and she appears to be using magic, which is Evaā€™s superpower.

The solicitation for Marvel Voices Community says ā€œan all-new hero takes the stage in a whirlwind adventure you wonā€™t want to miss.ā€

ā€¦ I wonder if they are talking about Eva? In Reptilā€™s last arc she had used some magic spells but Iā€™m not sure sheā€™d be classified as a hero or superhero at that point. And at the very end of the arc she picks up the pieces of a 2nd amulet that might end up enhancing her powers.

2 Likes

Could be Eva. Iā€™m picking up the America Chavez cover just cuz Iā€™m a fan but the Ramos looks nice. Donā€™t know Iā€™d go nuts on this book.

2 Likes

Iā€™m kind of digging the Wolf variant with White Tiger. I can see them giving her a bigger push going forward, and other than her mini series with Mack covers and that one Mighty Avengers, there arenā€™t many that stick out in my mind

2 Likes

Yup you are correct it looks to be Humbertoā€™s cousin Eva, 1st app Reptil #1. This looks like a 1st cover app so Iā€™ll pick up a copy or two. Saw a few posts earlier this morning mentioning it was Eva from Reptil #1. Thanks for posting the info it was driving me nutsā€¦

I really like this cover also, it looks great!!!

2 Likes

Saw these earlier on the PRH website

VENOM 1 NAUCK HEADSHOT VARIANT
VENOM 1 INHYUK LEE VARIANT
VENOM 1 DELLā€™OTTO VARIANT
Still no SIENKIEWICZ cover art :cry:

image image image

MOON KNIGHT 3 MCNIVEN 2ND PRINTING VARIANT
MOON KNIGHT 6
MOON KNIGHT 6 LUBERA VARIANT
imageimageimage

HULK 1 ADAMS VARIANT
HULK 1 TRIMPE HIDDEN GEM VARIANT
HULK 1 JURGENS VARIANT

imageimage image

ELEKTRA: BLACK, WHITE & BLOOD 1 SIENKIEWICZ VARIANT
AVENGERS FOREVER 1 SCALERA VARIANT

image image

PHOENIX SONG: ECHO 1 CARNERO STORMBREAKERS VARIANT
THE THING 1 BERMEJO VARIANT

imageimage

THE DARKHOLD: BLADE 1 CASANOVAS CONNECTING VARIANT
THE DARKHOLD: BLADE 1 SUAYAN VARIANT
THE DARKHOLD: BLADE 1 TORMEY DESIGN VARIANT

imageimageimage

1 Like

I think that Nauck Venom headshot is the first Nauck headshot cover Iā€™ve ever likedā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the Thing cover.

2 Likes

Task Force Z #1 (Cover F - 1:100 Kyle Hotz Arkham Knight Monochrome Foil Card Stock Variant)

Preview each and every story in the ish below, then pre-order with your local comic shop before reading next month! First upā€¦

ā€œJust as Strange as Youā€ Starring GermĆ”n Aguilar & Eva Quintero of the Strange Academy

Writer: Terry Blas
Artist: Julius Ohta
Colorist: Erick Arciniega

ā€œItā€™s important for me that Latinas see themselves reflected back as smart and resourceful and brave and adventurous. Evaā€™s character is very much informed by that and sending her to Strange Academy and off on an adventure with fellow Mexican student, German Aguilar was such a fun way to showcase both of their powers and the possibilities they hold,ā€ says Blas. ā€œShe made a promise to Humberto/Reptil that she wouldnā€™t stop learning magic until she knew how to find his parents and Comunidades kicks off the beginning of her journey to do that.ā€

ā€œPaā€™lante Juntosā€ Starring White Tiger

Writer: Daniel JosƩ Older
Artist: GermƔn Peralta
Colorist: Jesus Aburtov

ā€œAs Marvelā€™s first Latinx Super Hero, White Tiger holds such an integral and iconic status in comic book history, and it was an incredible honor and privilege to be able to write a story about him and the legendary Young Lords, revolutionary activists from the same era,ā€ says Older. ā€œIā€™m thrilled to be part of this amazing project along with so many incredible creators.ā€

ā€œLegadosā€ Starring White Tiger (Ava Ayala)

Writer: Amparo Ortiz
Artist: Caio Majado
Colorist: Dono SƔnchez-Almara

ā€œWriting a story for Marvel was already a dream come true, but to slip into Ava Ayalaā€™s shoes in Puerto Rico is an honor Iā€™ll cherish forever," says Ortiz. "I wanted to redefine what she considers strength and reinforce her commitment to the island her family calls home.ā€

ā€œLatinx and Proudā€ Starring Spider-Man (Miles Morales) and Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon)

Writer: Julio Anta
Artist: Enid BalƔm
Inks: Oren Junior
Colorist: Federico Blee

ā€œIā€™m so proud to participate in this MARVEL VOICES anthology, and honored to have the opportunity to tell this storyā€“a multi-generational conversation between Anya Corazon, Miles Morales, and his mother Rio about the term ā€˜Latinx,ā€™" says Anta. "While this is no doubt a contentious topic within our community, I hope that this comic helps to explain it, and makes a case for inclusive language and respecting each otherā€™s personal identities.ā€

ā€œYouā€™re Not Aloneā€ Starring America Chavez

Writer: Claribel A. Ortega
Artist: Adriana Melo
Inks: Victor Nava
Colorist: Dijjo Lima

ā€œI am honored to be featured among so many amazing creators," says Ortega. "America Chavez is an iconic character and getting to continue a small part of her story was a dream come true for me as a Marvel fan.ā€

ā€œFate and the Sorcerer Supremeā€ Starring Nina the Conjuror

Writer: Juan Ponce
Artist: Wilton Santos
Inks: Sean Parsons
Colorist: Dijjo Lima

ā€œItā€™s truly an honor to take part in such an important bookā€“in my wildest dreams, I couldnā€™t imagine this," says Ponce. "Nina the Conjuror is the Brazilian Sorcerer Supreme of the 1950ā€™s, her world is so unique, I knew early on I just had to tell a Nina story, because sheā€™s truly one of a kind.ā€

ā€œLoco-Motionā€ Starring Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes)

Writer: Yehudi Mercado
Artist: Mauro Fodra
Colorist: Fernando Sifuentes

ā€œI was absolutely thrilled to be able to play in the world of Ghost Rider, especially with Robbie Reyes," says Mercado. "Iā€™m a huge fan of Felipe Smith and Tradd Moore, the original creators, and I love putting car chases in my books. I think itā€™s more important than ever to highlight strong, heroic Latinx characters. My one-shot is definitely not subtle, but we live in very unsubtle times.ā€

ā€œOperation: New Worldā€ Starring Risque

Writers: DesirƩe Proctor & Erica Harrell
Artist: Paco Medina
Colorist: Federico Blee

ā€œWith the X-Men expanding their territory beyond Krakoa, we thought Risque would have an interesting point of view on this as both sides of her family (Cuban and Seminole) were oppressed by foreign colonizers," says Proctor and Harrell. "Weā€™re so excited Marvel let us tell this story, and to work alongside Paco Medina, Frederico Blee, and Ariana Maher.ā€

ā€œHomecomingā€ Starring Sunspot

Writer: Alex Segura
Artist: Alba Glez
Inks: JosƩ Marzan Jr.
Colorist: Cris Peter

ā€œI grew up reading X-Men and New Mutants and have a love for the Claremont/Sienkiewicz run, so being able to add to that mythos through one of my favorite X-characters, Sunspot, was a huge honor,ā€ says Segura. ā€œI hope fans enjoy our story.ā€

"ĀæDe Donde Eres? " Starring Spider-Man (Miles Morales) and Black Panther

Writer: David Betancourt
Artist: Alitha E. Martinez
Inks: JosƩ Marzan Jr.
Colorist: Bryan Valenza

ā€œThe chance to be the first writer that is both Puerto Rican and African American to craft a story for Miles Morales was an opportunity I could not pass up,ā€ says Betancourt. ā€œThere isnā€™t a Super Hero in all of comics that means more to me and Iā€™m excited to have contributed to this Spider-Manā€™s mythos.ā€

4 Likes

Man oh man, Miles Moralesā€™s new costume is UGLY

4 Likes