FOC Mega Topic

Punisher #1 will kick off a new ongoing series written by Pepose with art from Dave Wachter (Planet of the Apes ).

From

And going right to the source

A new PUNISHER will make his vengeful debut in an all-new ongoing comic series! Revealed during the MARVEL: Heroes, Hulks, and Super-Soldiers panel at San Diego Comic-Con

From

1 Like

Jiminy Crotchesā€¦

1 Like

Them abs thoughā€¦ dreamy.

I donā€™t remember the Hildenbrandts being so ā€œin your faceā€

2 Likes

Image Comics & Ghost Machine agree: an exciting, revolutionary launch deserves exciting and revolutionary new retailer terms and incentives!

After meeting with retailers across the country, Ghost Machine is happy to announce that all first issue Cover A orders for its creator-owned-and-operated-collective of superstar writers and artists will be 100% returnable after the on-sale date of each seriesā€™ issue #4 passes.

This new announcement means retailers can feel confident ordering copies of April 3ā€™s GEIGER #1, REDCOAT #1 and ROOK: EXODUS #1 at no risk and keeping those issues available in the coming months as momentum around the Ghost Machine titles build across the industry over the summer.

With Cover A by each seriesā€™ main artist being fully returnable, orders for all Cover B and the Blank Sketch Cover Variant will count towards the seriesā€™ foil Cover C 1:50 ratio variantsā€”giving retailers the opportunity to offer a unique and limited collectorā€™s item.

In addition to these incentives, Ghost Machine has also added two opportunities for retailers to interact even more with the team behind the new launches:

• Retailers who order a combined 500 copies or more of each titleā€™s Cover B and the Blank Sketch Cover Variant may choose either: a 30-minute live Virtual Zoom event with the creative team of that title to host for their customers or a 30 second pre-recorded ad for their store by the entire Ghost Machine team. These retailers will also receive one (1) copy per 50 Cover B and the Blank Sketch Cover Variant orders of the foil Cover C ratio variant and one (1) copy of the black and white, virgin Cover A edition of each book.

• Retailers who order 1,000 copies or more of each titleā€™s Cover B and the Blank Sketch Cover Variant receive an original piece of art drawn on a blank variant cover by that issueā€™s artist (limit one per store) and may choose either: a 30-minute live virtual Zoom event with the creative team of that title to host for their customers or a 30 second pre-recorded ad for their store by the GHOST MACHINE team. These retailers will also receive one (1) copy per 50 Cover B and the Blank Sketch Cover Variant orders of the foil Cover C ratio variant and one (1) copy of the black and white, virgin Cover A edition of each book.

If I understand this, A will not count towards ratioā€™s and other incentives since itā€™s returnable but the other 2 covers are incentivized to chase large orders to get the extras. Sounds like no spec potential for any of them. At least one company is finally learning not to mix ratioā€™s and perks with returnability. (Dynamite, looking at you and that stack of Thundercats #2 coming next week with all the covers A thru F returnable :slight_smile: You took all the hesitation out of chasing Calica ratios. )

(1) copy of the black and white, virgin Cover A edition of each book.

Sounds like three one per store freebies in the mix.

1 Like

Is this another SuperMassive type thing? Basically, Geiger #1 kicked off this universe and this ghost machine thing is level setting with all the new characters?

Massiveverse was kicked off by Radiant Black and SuperMassive level set with all the characters introduced.

Just trying to wrap my head around what this is.

Basically yes. Itā€™s its own little u overseas. Geoff Johns is coming to Thirs Eye for a signing. Usually that means look for a signing at Midtown as well.

1 Like

ARCHIE & FRIENDS HOT ROD RACING ONESHOT

first app Daisy Thunder

1 Like

I got burned so many times on Archie spec in the pastā€¦ I donā€™t touch it with a 1000 foot pole nowadays!

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thingā€¦ I canā€™t think of a single new character in modern Archie that was good spec.

2 Likes

0224IM206 GEIGER #1 (2024) CVR A GARY FRANK - CVR A now counts toward all ratio incentives. If ratio incentives are not ordered, CVR A is fully returnable. If ratio incentives are ordered CVR A will no longer be returnable.

0224IM209 REDCOAT #1 CVR A BRYAN HITCH - CVR A now counts toward all ratio incentives. If ratio incentives are not ordered, CVR A is fully returnable. If ratio incentives are ordered CVR A will no longer be returnable.

0224IM212 ROOK EXODUS #1 CVR A JASON FABOK - CVR A now counts toward all ratio incentives. If ratio incentives are not ordered, CVR A is fully returnable. If ratio incentives are ordered CVR A will no longer be returnable.

Thatā€™s an interesting choice by Image. Chase the ratioā€™s and lose returnability or skip the ratioā€™s so you can send them back/strip cover etcā€¦

Iā€™m sure there was more than 1 person also thinking they didnā€™t want 1000 Bā€™s and Blankā€™s.

2 Likes

Who is NOT going to order the ratiosā€¦?? Thats free money.

1 Like

they are trying to stop retailers from playing the ā€œorder mass quantity of returnables only to destroy them at the cost of the publisherā€ so they can keep the more desirable ratios.

3 Likes

If it has Betty/Veronica/etc. in a bikini and/or has some innuendo-style joke it is worth buying cheap and selling. Otherwise, I donā€™t touch Archie stuff either.

2 Likes

It sounds like it should be but if a title is heavily ordered, the ratioā€™s are usually heavily ordered as well making them really hard to find homes for sometimes. Iā€™ve gotten stuck with quite a few of oneā€™s ranging from Marvel heavy produced titles like Return of Wolverine and Fantastic Four #1 to Berzerkers from Boom. At least Boom was dumb enough to mix returnability so they cost little to try.

Iā€™m leaning more towards not ordering enough to get any ratioā€™s anyway so the returnability may allow me to double up or something like that to have some extras just in case. I canā€™t see going heavy on a title thatā€™s being pumped to chase big numbers like these. A few extra returnable #1 1st prints is fairly low risk.

2 Likes

Yea, youā€™re right. Its better to not order the ratios. I doubt the 1:50 will be in demand. The main characters 1st appearances already happened. Everyone will want the 1:1000.

1 Like

Every store that qualifies for the 1000 perk will have 20 to find homes for and every store exclusive cover can grab 10 as well.

Then in about a year I can probably grab all I want from a dump the leftover sale of the ratioā€™s Diamond gets stuck with at cover price or less.

2 Likes

Then there is this as wellā€¦ sounds like they didnā€™t sell as many Ghost Machine as they had hoped.

1123IM211 GHOST MACHINE (ONE SHOT) CVR A GARY FRANK - Price updated to 75Ā¢ each while supplies last

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s the issue they sent stores extra of reducing any need for reorders. Iā€™ve got at least 3 still here and only paid for 2.

Heck, MCS has had cover A for 50 cents since release.

2 Likes