FOC Mega Topic

Yikes…

Note on the BLOOD HUNT: RED BAND Editions: The digital codes in these BLOOD HUNT Red Band Editions will unlock the regular versions of the BLOOD HUNT series digitally.

If I understand that then the Red Band extra content will be only available in paper form in the Red Bands themselves.

PRH sends out a hype what’s on FOC e-mail each Friday if you want a peak at what they’re promoting or highlighting. I’m not sure if Anthony gets that e-mail since I’ve never seen it copied. I can copy paste the important part if you want I believe.

I can already see my favorite is going to be Planet of the Apes Little Golden Book. It’s never too soon to start them down the path to monkey madness.

4 Likes

How are they going to handle “Damn Dirty Ape?”

Or “Damn you all to Hell?”

Those are the best lines!!!

1 Like

A Little Golden Book retelling the iconic 1968 film Planet of the Apes!

Follow the adventures of Taylor, Cornelius, Zira, and Dr. Zaius in this exciting retelling of the original Planet of the Apes. This collectible Little Golden Book will thrill children ages 2 to 5—and their parents—with its kid-friendly reimagining of one of the most amazing science fiction films of all time.

Since 1968, Planet of the Apes has been an iconic franchise that has thrilled viewers around the world.

Little Golden Books enjoy nearly 100% consumer recognition. They feature beloved classics, hot licenses, and new original stories . . . the classics of tomorrow.

If they’re reimagining how about MONKEY NEED A BATH!!! I guess we’ll have to wait for Anthony’s spoilers to find out.

There is nothing kid friendly about that movie. Going to be a completely different story.

1 Like

It’s all a jumble to me now but I grew up in the 70’s with Planet of the Apes all over the place on tv and movie reruns on ABC and such.

Four sequels followed the original film from 1970 to 1973: Beneath the Planet of the Apes , Escape from the Planet of the Apes , Conquest of the Planet of the Apes , and Battle for the Planet of the Apes . They did not approach the critical acclaim of the original, but were commercially successful, spawning a live-action television series in 1974 and an animated series in 1975.

Of course in the 70’s I was also raised thinking it’s okay to hunt roadrunners with dynamite you could mail order in if you saved your allowance. I think it was an Amazon precursor company called Acme you could get just about anything from if you could get all the change into the envelope without it ripping.

TV’s were our babysitters. 4 channels if you could get them all to come in, ABC,CBS,NBC and sometimes PBS, no parental control, parents were always off in the kitchen or elsewhere trying to find something called quiet which I don’t think they ever did as many times as they kept hollering for it.

I thought we even had Planet of the Apes on Book and Record. Planet of the Apes Power Record Set (1974) comic books (mycomicshop.com) A ton of Planet of the Apes comics in the 70’s as well including a series by Marvel. Records are those hard round things that spin in circles and somehow make music or tell stories if you don’t break the needle on the player and get grounded. The record player and tv were both really large pieces of furniture with wood trim.

If you could get enough change saved up you could even order your very own live monkey out of the back of comic books back then. TV also went off the air at something like 1AM so until around 6AM there was no TV. Then at 6 or so they’d start the morning off blasting the Star Spangled Banner waking you up if you were having a slumber party in the tv room so you didn’t miss the Saturday morning cartoons.

2 Likes

I recall playing with this as a kid. MEGO had a whole line of toys dedicated to the films.

4 Likes

EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #3 PETE WOODS DESIGN 1:10 VARIANT

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #150 Variant RI 1:50

X-MEN #130 FACSIMILE EDITION LUCIANO VECCHIO 1:25 VARIANT

I have a feeling these Vampire homage variants will be sought after years from now…

5 Likes

I just backed off and didn’t order any ratio’s for TMNT Ongoing #150. I’ve got a subscriber who takes them all but they jacked the base price up to $9.99, more for the foil so it’s over a $250 cost to chase them.

Edge of Spiderverse is still doing nothing so I only ordered 2 copies of cover A.

A couple titles from Diamond have FOC’s April 10 or later so they’ll be eligible for the new lower freight rates so House of Slaughter #25, Robot + Girl #1 for the kiddie section and the sleeper pick I’m hoping slips under the radar, Pooh Vs Bambi #1 are now expected.

1 Like

Will you be offering the opportunity for CHU members to have a book signed like you did with W0rldtr33?

Midtown will also probably list signed Ghost Machine titles online eventually, although it’s sometimes random.

Has there ever been a Vampired Hulk before? Even though it’s just a theme cover it’s an interesting mashup.

1 Like

on a tv show…

…and an Ultimate version…

1 Like

Is everyone ready for The Wolverine Who Got What He Wanted?

1 Like

Well, they already had kids together on alternate Earths…

Because of the lack of coa and price I have to pay for the books, probably not. Especially since midtown is going to do it and I can’t compete with their prices.

Life isn’t always about price. I sell stuff every day and I’m almost never the cheapest on anything. You make up for it in other ways. If you build it, they will come. If you put a price on it, someone will eventually pay it. I just sold another Ultimate X-Men #1 to the same local guy shopping online because he doesn’t want to drive in the rain to chase 1 book or two in this case. Lee Armor Variant this time for $5.99 when I’m sure E-Bay’s got to be dipping under cover price by now with undercutters. Only a whole bunch more to go.

Yes, already counting 9 sales for less than cover price on E-Bay. 12 more at cover price which means they will not be getting cover price after E-Bay fee’s are taken out. At least Weapon X-Men #1 is finally starting to creep up. $6 to $9.99 listing are appearing.

1 Like

Take a peak at Catwoman #64, I’m not seeing a bad cover in the pride. Search - Lunar Distribution

I just got an order for all open order covers which bumps me close enough to the 25 ratio to grab one. Same guy that got all covers on UX1 just ordered all for #2, all open order covers for Ultimates #1 as well as the cats and few single scattered issues.

1 Like

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/ultimate-x-men-2-first-look-preview-maystorm

1 Like

Does anyone have a rough count for how many store exclusives there are for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #150? I looked on League of Comic Geeks and they don’t have any listed.