FOC Mega Topic

Thanks for your shares, guys! Your effort is much appreciated.

1 Like

Sheā€™s been hanging out with Barry Bonds and Mark Mcguireā€¦ Spider-Juiced-Womanā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Oscorp = BALCO

See if this is useful for anyone.

Now back to trying to remember why I ordered all these Ultimate X-Men #1 2nd prints.

2 Likes

Weā€™re 7 hours or so away from FOC passing and Dynamite still hasnā€™t revealed the cover for the action figure variant??? Iā€™m starting to get that feeling itā€™s a spoiler cover and someone by surprise is going to be in the comic #3 or on that specific cover at least. In general I donā€™t want Action Figure Variants because they are nothing but a continual headache to try and sell on E-Bay since E-bay still allows anyone to shop whether they should be allowed or not. I wouldnā€™t want it even as a hot spoiler cover but if it might suggest a surprise in the comic itself then maybe up the others and qualify for another Cheetara ratio or two. Hmmmmmmā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m not buying any of these minis or cross overs.

1 Like

Looks like about 36 comics plus theyā€™ll takeover 3 issues of a number of ongoing series for the two months as well. Weā€™ll have to see how orders look as they start coming in. So far Iā€™ve done better than expected with the main series and Red Bands. Looks like just enough to clear out some space for a dedicated section for the event. 36 comics puts it in the $150 to $200 range at cover price plus any ongoing series tie-ins desired. Not really break the bank level if preordering at discounts and about the cost of an omnibus later if you arenā€™t. The real questions will be, will it be a good story and will there be anything that gets enough demand to increase selling prices on a few issues along the way to offset the cost of the rest. It also gets me wondering if all those surprise head sketches added into the back of Absolute Carnage #1 ever turned up? Iā€™ve never heard an update on how many were found and how many may still be in the wild.

1 Like

I should check the copies of the ones I have. Never bothered.

Four Mark Bagley Absolute Carnage Sketches Found - Are They Worth $20,000 Each? (bleedingcool.com)

1 Like

Just take my money.
While youre taking $20k, make it $30k.
I mean clearly clearly clearly worth even $40k each.

Bagley is now the Nigerian Prince.
Havent yā€™all heard?

I think this is hilarious

Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong #7 Christian Duce Kong As GL Foil Variant

1 Like

whos buying the slash autograph virgin variant with retailer cost being 200 just out the gate

DEATHSTALKER #1 (OF 3) CVR H BORIS VALLEJO SLASH SIGNED VAR (NET) Allocations May Occur

Retail: $199.99 Discount: 0% Price: $199.9900

0124VL520 | JAN247520 | Vault Comics

(W) Slash, Tim Seeley, Steven Kostanski (A) Jim Terry (CA) Boris Vallejo

The cult-classic warrior-hero Deathstalker bursts into the comics scene from an all-star lineup of creators including Slash (Guns Nā€™ Roses) and writer-director-creature-FX-wizard Steven Kostanski (Psycho Goreman, The Void)! Deathstalker finds himself once again caught between forces larger than himselfā€”a virgin worshiping cult, a sorcerer hell-bent on saving the world through mad science, and the pissed-off army of the Abraxeon kingdomā€¦not to mention his ex-lover, Princess Evie. Monsters, magic, and mayhem aboundā€¦canā€™t a guy just swing his sword anymore?

Due Date: 1/25/2024 / FOC: 3/24/2024 / In-Store: 4/24/2024

UPC: 85005599402700181

Order Notes: Allocations May Occur, Limited to 100 copies

This the one? If youā€™re getting one only 99 others have a shot, allocations may occur so you may not even get yours.

This type of perk tends to bother me a bit. Heā€™s apparently part of the creative team so heā€™s getting paid for the book, the book doesnā€™t cost $200 to produce so you assume heā€™s getting paid more to sign it, I doubt Lunar and the company are processing it and distributing it for free so it appears everyone is making money off the book but theyā€™re expecting retailers to not make any money and with the sale added to the amount they have to pay business license feeā€™s on and most likely some type of processing feeā€™s by the end user, why are they expecting stores to work for a loss? Reminds me of the same stink Marvel Foils create from the pile that is their existence.

2 Likes

Another Gwen Goblin, perhaps?

1 Like

Finally, a poster I can get excited about on FOC.
GODZILLA #1 FACSIMILE EDITION POSTER
UPC: 75960609900909421
Price: $8.99
FOC Date: 4/22/24
On Sale: 6/05/24

6 Likes

So I think the Godzilla Facsimile poster may get the pick of the weekā€¦

unless someone else sees anything worth mentioningā€¦I only did a quick skim the other night but do not recall anythingā€¦may be light on picks.

Editā€¦yeah, Iā€™ll look back at the write-ups but other than facsimiles and reprints, these were the only original books that stood outā€¦and not because they are spec worthy.

In fact, Iā€™m a little foiled outā€¦so unless itā€™s a facsimile probably going to drop the whole foil picks after this week. I still like a good foil fax.

1 Like

Saw some preview pages for Darth Maul and the art looks amazingā€¦

1 Like

I had bundles ordered for Star Wars Darth Maul Black White and Red #1 and Wonder Woman #8.

Mildly interesting issues
Lester of the Lesser Gods #1 by Dark Horse
Ultimate Spider-man #4 by Marvel
7174AD #1 by Image
BLOW AWAY #1 by Boom
GARGOYLES QUEST #1 by Dynamite

Facimileā€™s out there as usual, Marvels doing all of Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars, #5 this week, so it looks like DC wants to do all of Crisis on Infinite Earths starting with #1 this week.

2 Likes