FOC Mega Topic

No. I was just referring to that cover.

31 covers for a 3rd issue?

Seriously how does Dynamite have the funds to put out so much each month lol they must own a printing company

Ridiculous and a waste of paper

2 Likes

Here’s a preview for #3. The last panel has an image of Snarf.
https://www.cbr.com/thundercats-3-calica-rob-liefeld-first-look/

Nope

2 Likes

Spider-Woman #6 1:25 Yagawa Variant

1 Like

Double nope

It’s basically only 8 to 10 covers. The rest are mostly just virgin or B&W’s. I’m not familiar with the process but always imagined it as just printing so many as virgins, halting the press, adding the overlaything with trade dress, start the presses back up, stop, replace with the b&W version from precoloring, repeat, repeat until the print run is covered for each type with a few extra and then whatever you get stuck with resell directly on their own website like most of the DF stuff or dump the leftovers in about a year open order thru Diamond which they do regularly. I typically don’t pay as much attention anymore since they’ve run out of leftover Kiss ratio’s to dump but I accumulated some ignorant qty/depth on some of them that way.

Spider Woman 6 foc this week, one to watch? The solicitations mention Contest of Champions (characters from those marvel covers couple months ago)

SAN FRANCISCO BOUND! Brokenhearted, Jess decides to leave New York for a fresh start. But the trek across country will not be a smooth ride. A new adventure starts here! Introducing some new faces and with the potential to become New…Champions?!

Yes as one of the New Champions characters appears on the cover of issue #7.

So expect a cameo at the end of issue 6.

3 Likes

On going back thru I went ahead and ordered Thundercats #3 K, L, O and ZC. That’s everything 15 ratio and under that catches my eye, especially the Chetarah ones that sold out for #2. Nothing appears returnable this time so there’s no sense chasing the bigger stuff without requests.

I also sold out of World of Reading: This is Hulk and reordered. No spec but it’s as profitable as a comic sale and leads to future spec. There’s another Level type reader on FOC this week as well as a herd of Garfield stuff for a new Garfield section including the Little Golden Book. “Little Cat, Big Dreams” You searched for garfield - Penguin Random House Comics Retail (prhcomics.com)

1 Like

Check out those muscles on Spider-Woman. 0% fat. Gezzzz…

1 Like

MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS THE RETURN #3 (OF 4) CVR B VAR

BOOM! STUDIOS

(W) Amy Jo Johnson, Matt Hotson (A) Nico Leon (CA) Rahzzah

A new adversary reveals the secrets of the final battle and deadly explosion on the moon all those years ago, but what implications arise when the long-thought dead are more restless than the Rangers thought?

A secret hidden on the moon only survived after the sacrifice of another, and it will be up to the Rangers-with some unexpected help-to protect a vulnerable Earth.

And when the plan is enacted, what role will the Dragon Power Coin play…?

Any thoughts? One of my spec chasers is tripling down on it. I’m not a fan of the A Cover at all so I was going to order only the B now that I’m getting back with Diamond’s FOC lists for the April 10th shipments and cheaper freight. (Boom also rebates 2% of cover price to offset most of the freight for their comics)

They’re pushing Mickey Mouse aka Steam Boat Willie version as the 1:100 ratio for #6 qualified for by ordering and not returning at least 20 copies of each issue, #1 thru 5. Too expensive of a buy in to chase for a series with no one asking for it so far.

4 Likes

Looking for…

WONDER WOMAN #8 CVR D INC 1:25 JOSHUA SWAY SWABY CARD STOCK VAR

No luck with my usual places for ratio.

Thanks in advance,
Sami

Interesting…I didn’t have it on my FOC list…just didn’t appeal to me…but it is Fleecs and boom! So maybe I should have mentioned it.

Too late now!

1 Like

I have a feeling that cover will be popular. One of my regulars ordered a Wonder Woman #8 bundle to be able to get that cover.

I flipped on my Ultimate Black Panther stance for a while at least. One of the regulars grabbed #1 second print off the shelf so I added #2 2nd print and some #3 to the order for FOC tomorrow night. Both ship April 10th so he can catch up #2 and go right into #3. It’s too soon to see if he’ll stay with it but he also started Thundercats #1 2nd and #2B Cheetara today as well. That #3 also comes the 10th. Cheetara has now sold out shelf copies of 2. Makes me think Covers A, L and O will be the most in demand for #3.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Not speccy, but I’m pretty happy to see Department of Truth 23 coming out in June after a 18-month break. Guessing issue 1 will warm up a bit with this starting again.