FOC Mega Topic

Looks like the FCBD cover and cover A are different.

1 Like

Different cover art work, same title name (ENERGON UNIVERSE 2024 SPECIAL). The B cover’s different but still has the same title, same thing for the 3 ratio’s. 5 additonal covers you can pay for to get the same internal contents if you don’t want to read it for free.

I would assume the back covers will have different ads as well since CGC isn’t hosting the 5 pay per covers.

The only difference is the FCBD copy has the Free Comic Book Day name added above the title.

FCBD 2024 ENERGON UNIVERSE 2024 SPECIAL
ENERGON UNIVERSE 2024 SPECIAL
Same internal contents and description according to the solicits.

You can also pay someone to stick the free comic in a plastic box for you.
fcbd 2024 cgc in Comic Books & Memorabilia for sale | eBay
I’m allegedly getting a free copy in a box from CGC for one of the titles just for being a participating store.

Not certain which comic will be sealed in the plastic box when it arrives.

1 Like

I was skeptical that CGC would see much of a dent in business from their recent f*** ups, but they’ve never done this for FCBD before, right?

Spending money to send out slabs to FCBD stores… allowing submissions from free members… 9.9s starting to become common. Hurm.

What I don’t get is the books are wholesaling for like a quarter, the cost of the plastic case and shipping is the only real expense to them but they appear to only be sending 9.8’s out the door to the stores I see already listing theirs.
fcbd 2024 cgc in Comic Books & Memorabilia for sale | eBay
If 9.9 is the new perfection they’re trying to promote, why send out 9.8’s when there’s almost no cost in the expense of the comic itself? If they can’t find a couple thousand 9.9’s out of their own inexpensive supply, why would anyone expect to get that grade?

never done this for FCBD before, right?

Not that I’m aware of but I believe Diamond has only been accepting full sponsors for a few years now. My point has always been the event is mostly a money making racket for Diamond. If you want to have it be a true free comic book day, make a specific number of each comic available to stores for free so it’s truly a FCBD. Diamond makes money on every angle from the comics and distribution to the accepting paid sponsors part. Most of the comics themselves are little more than ads for stuff to buy coming up.

2 Likes

X-Men #1 J. Scott Campbell Psylocke Variant

OPEN ORDER!!!

7 Likes

Fathom homage

LOCAL MAN #10 CVR C TIM SEELEY & ALAN PASSALAQUA VARIANT

2 Likes

drawing blank on who this is

Somebody at Marvel cant spell…or is confused about what series this is

SPIDER-BOY #7 DAVID BALDEON BLACK COSTUME VARIANT

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Alpha Variant RI 1:50

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Alpha Variant RI 1:100

1 Like

Remember that old saying I just made up; The sun shines brightest at midnight…somewhere. Marvel writers get it.

They switched it to not be male gendered. That last mini was named the same.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Alpha #1J Gonzo 1:10 Variant

This is a new character yeah? Solicitations saying only Donatello is appearing but that’s not Donatello.

FCBD 2024 TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

IDW-PRH

DEC230005

(W) Various (A) Various

It’s been four decades since Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird released the very first issue of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in May 1984. Join us as we kick off a brand-new era for the Heroes in a Half Shell with two all-new short stories and a preview of what’s next in the IDW comics.First, there is a new masked vigilante in New York, looking to carry on the tradition set by the Turtles themselves. Get a special prelude of the new miniseries, straight from the mind of Juni Ba (Harley Quinn: Black + White + Redder; Monkey Meat).
Second, a blast from the past! A brand-new tale told in a classic IDW style, featuring fan-favorite talent Paul Allor (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles vs. Street Fighter) and Andy Kuhn.
Finally, there will be an exclusive preview of what’s next for TMNT!
Exclusive Original Material
Rating: All-Ages

What’s the world like without the TMNT? Since their time-spanning victory over Armaggon, the Turtles have started to pursue other interests, leaving a void in New York among humans and mutants alike. This special issue explores the effects this change has on those connected to the brothers, from Old Hob to Jennika, across the five boroughs and all the way through Mutant Island. It’s hard to tell how important someone is until they are gone. And who better to write such a story than Tom Waltz, the man who scripted the first 100 issues of IDW’s series and the co-writer of The Last Ronin , and resign TMNT artist Gavin Smith!

Also, get your first glimpse of what is coming in a special prequel to the new TMNT #1, written by superstar scribe Jason Aaron (Scalped , Batman: Off-World ) and drawn by white-hot artist Chris Burnham (Batman, Inc. , Die!Die!Die! ). Donatello has had a hard time since he came back from the future, and he’s found himself in an unexpected place.

It appears multiple changes and new faces will be popping up. Yellow bandana with wolverine claws is Jennika.

I don’t think that’s Jennika, the arms in the cover looks like it’s a male turtle. Look at those biceps :muscle:

I imagine it depends on the artist’s take. I’ve seen multiple examples of people not getting body parts the way we think they should be.

Here’s Nightwatcher

IDW ripping off Canto…?

Wolver-Tello…or Dona-rine….

Or Jenna-rine…or Wolv-enika…

It’s the new Miles… buy buy buy! :wink:

The Exceptional X-men…

RISE OF THE POWERS OF X #5 CARMEN CARNERO FORESHADOW VARIANT

Wouldn’t that be x-ceptional?

Is this black widow looking think a new character?

1 Like