FOC Mega Topic

Usagi Yojimbo: The Crow #2 1:40 variant

1 Like

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Black White & Green #1 (Cover B - Stokoe)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Black White & Green #1 (Cover B - Stokoe)

Stokoe’s cover is just superb!

3 Likes

Those Orc Stain issues remain some of my favorite art
Sadly, they’ve kinda fallen down in value comparatively speaking

Yeah, Stokoe doesn’t command premiums over time it seems. You buy because you love…

2 Likes

Stokoe as an artist deserves a ton more recognition and love than he seems to get!

2 Likes

This is a new low unless I’m misunderstanding this. It sounds like they are reprinting a FDBD book that has not even come out yet.

Does Kirkman have his new cash cow? Should I whip out my image I created? :wink:

Actually Kirkman has done it before. He released Firepower 1 as a fcbd and then reprinted it as #1 for $3.99. I know because I have both :upside_down_face:

1 Like

4 Likes

I should replace the cow spots with Skybound logo… haha…

3 Likes

YEAP with ratios tooo

1 Like

I guess I’m reading it wrong when it says “three new stories”…

The other thing is that the FCBD version was not solicited with all the other FCBD books that I remember…(it may have been on FOC a week later), so people may scoff at first but it’s possible there won’t be many FCBD copies out there.

Either way, this is a wierd one for sure.

There are three new stories that aren’t reprinted content. I do think FCBD and the one with a cover price will be the same outside of the covers.

GUN HONEY COLLISION COURSE #1 CVR K 1:20 ADAM HUGHES VIRGIN VARIANT

2 Likes

not up on TFAW. Where you picking it up at? I loved the Hughes virgin cover for the first issue Gun Honey #1

and thats what it says for fcbd book too

I dropped my order for the $3.99 copies. They’re the same comic as the FCBD. The FCBD is already here. Here’s 4 copies for you fanned out to show 1st and last page of each of the 3 stories.

Not seeing the point in trying to sell something I’m trying to give away.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Does the cover or back have a FCBD decal or anything to indicate on is FCBD and one isn’t? Seems like the orders will be scant if its the same comic, so if the reprint is different…

The FCBD cover has Free comic book day printed above the title, the pay per doesn’t. The back cover is CGC full page add and the front cover appears exactly as pictured here in which a simple search of FCBD 2024, pulls up both the fcbd copy and the pay per copies.
Search - Lunar Distribution

I’m not sure what’s so complicated here. They’re selling the book 4 days after FCBD. The only difference I see is they’re pushing ratio’s for it so it’ll get ordered by those who want to chase the ratio’s so they will get some orders. There’s a 10, 25 and 50 ratio as well as 2 different open order covers for the OCD types that have to have everything and can’t sleep knowing they only have the free copy. I had it on my order for a few days not knowing what it was since I filled the order out ordering at least 2 of everything blindly like normal. I went back and cut the qty back to zero copies but I’m sure some places ordered it.

Also, Lunar ships far enough ahead of time that stores that order, should have it on hand for FCBD and you know some of those are going to leak copies out the door early instead of waiting until Wednesday. Diamond customers probably not until Monday after FCBD.

2 Likes