Foil, holo, glow-in-the-dark covers... your thoughts?

use to grab these whenever i saw them cheap

2 Likes

I have newsstand copies of GR15.

1 Like

TFAW didn’t process this book right away…figured they were waiting in the 2nd print to arrive. But they sent me a first print.

IMG_6613

1 Like

SIKTC Spot foil.

It’s nice…but I wouldn’t call the “spots” foil. Almost seems like the black portion is non-laminated card stock, while the teeth are just regular laminated card stock…

1 Like

Loving classic Batman/Detective covers in foil. Keep’em coming.

This one isn’t as green as it looks. Lighting is throwing the color off.

Got my replacement copy from amazon today. This one is a keeper.

Now to find a cheap $1 flash book to swap it with. Going ti give the toy + book away to toys for tots.

1 Like

We have been spoilt with foil books this last few months, some of my fav pickups during that time

4 Likes

Even though it seems like some people are getting foil overload, I think in the long run some of these foils might bring in some good money.

It can’t last forever…so enjoy it for what it is. I’d rather have foil variants than “themed” covers that have nothing to do with the content inside.

Buy what you like and don’t worry about spec for these. That’s my recommendation.

2 Likes

I’ve gotten to the point where I just like what everyone else likes so that I can buy it and ditch it for profit.
If I were to purchase only that which I actually inherently like - I’d be broke.
I no longer understand the industry whatsoever.
That went out the door a long time ago

1 Like

I should clarify…buy what you REALLY like…like, like like. Not just like.

1 Like

Carnage #1 Dell Otto foil. Very nice.

I still don’t get why issue 142 did not get the foil treatment. Especially given how great issue 141 turned out.

1 Like

The Sentinel and its blast would probably look cool on foil, too. Strange.

1 Like

Batman 139 & 140 Foils.

2 Likes

Batman 428 Foil-simile.

1 Like

Look what I found in a really old shortbox…Leather!! I’m thinking about getting it graded.

1 Like

Avatar Press did some fun covers.

They really did. Put out some good series too. Fell apart in the end I guess.