Forgotten characters

What are some characters that were introduced and then basically never used or never really amounted to anything? In Marvel Point One #1 Coldmoon and Dragonfire were characters introduced for the purpose of being put into a mobile game for the Chinese market. Marvel did eventually release mobile games and introduced characters like White Fox and Luna Snow but never ended up using Coldmoon or Dragonfire

3 Likes

Unless I’m mistaken, not much on Snowguard since she was hot for a minute in Champions.

1 Like

Kong Kenan the Chinese Superman has fallen off the radar… I’m not sure if that’s because China is censoring him like the rest of their people :shushing_face: or if writers have given up on him

2 Likes

I thought Mosaic had potential over at Marvel:

I liked Fantomelle’s powers too, especially with her Culpepper companion :

2 Likes

Yeah I have like 1 or 10 of the first Chinese Superman around here. 🤦

You guys must be looking at my collection!

Ooooo…how bout this gal. She was red hot for about 30 seconds! Wolves umpteenth child.

4 Likes

The clone saga being a huge mess, but one of the biggest issues was Judas traveler. I remember reading this long blog post who was an editor at marvel during that time and how even the writers had no idea what to do with Traveler or what his deal was. Then it was revealed he was just some crazy guy who was a mutant with illusion powers

1 Like

I had high hopes (no pun intended)

4 Likes

Shiverman appeared in some issues of, “Wolverine,” and then had a short story in, “Marvel Comics Presents,” if I recall correctly. He was cool. He was covered in bandages and could turn into smoke. He had an obsession with giving the guilty a fitting punishment. I liked him. I want him to come back.

1 Like

2 Likes

snow guard is still in champions, she’s in nearly every issue

2 Likes

@Kevin I guess I was thinking more in line with it impacting spec, those first appearance issues and such. I don’t hear any buzz about her anymore.

The more appearances a character has, the more exposure they get, the greater the chance the character grows a fanbase, the greater the chance the spec on their 1st has long term growth. That is true speculation, unlike the fomo that happens when an unknown character makes their one and only appearance and you can’t find that book on the shelf at your LCS on release day.
I still pick up Snowguards 1st because of that very reason…that she is still a part of the team.

4 Likes

long term snowgaurd is great spec for the reasons you mention. and her 1st app is a low print run especially those 2nd prints. 1500 ordered and some of those will be reorders for 1st print.

4 Likes

Snowguard has appeared in 28 books to date, according to comicvine. Not bad given she is a C-list character who has only been around for 32 months.

2 Likes

I have 2:
Chamber has been used sporadically throughout the years, but never, at least in my opinion, used to the potential he has. First appearance: Generation X #1

Lifeguard has only had a small handful of appearances, but she is a mutant with the ability to manifest whatever power is required to survive or save in a dangerous situation. First appearance: X-treme X-men #6 as Heather Cameron, #7 as Lifeguard

3 Likes

Who is this character?

almost everyone dc introduced in the past 2 years

I have a feeling this post :point_up: won’t age well.

BWL and Punchline were pretty successful introductions of new characters.
Outside of Knull, who has Marvel introduced lately that would rival either of those two DC characters?

1 Like