Funko Heating Up

@drunkwooky There are times I think I’d set her in front of Friday the 13th if it did it’s job and gave me an hour of respite from screaming and playing horsey & dinosaurs. :slight_smile:

No doubt. Digging deep on some of those shows is a path to deep unhappiness is all I’m saying.

1 Like

Today was a no tv day in which Grandpa and her assisted the GI Joe team in defending against a horsey & dinosaur attack!!!
Grandpa nerd goal achieved!

6 Likes

Awesome!

This week, my first (3yo) has been waking up at 5:30 am and wanting to “snuggle on the couch” because mom
and baby are still sleeping.

Two mornings when suggesting Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, she has said “I don’t want Mickey Mouse! I want Boba Fett!”

All I’ve ever dreamed of in parenthood has come true!

11 Likes

The iconic Lard Lad from The Simpsons isn’t blowing up in price, but you can get him for cheap on Amazon:

Funko POP Animation: Simpsons - Lard Lad 6", Multicolor, Standard

This 6" POP sells for about $20 on eBay (some listings that have sold under $10 have a $10 or more shipping charge).

Once he gets vaulted, he could rise to $60. When that is is anybody’s guess, but you can at least get a few below retail thanks to Amazon.

Back up in stock:

All Carl & Ellie 2-packs heat up down the road. This is the most recent one. This could easily be $100 next year.

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/funko/pop/products/pop-moments-naruto-shippuden-naruto-vs.-sasuke-gamestop-exclusive/11096211.html?bt=true

Back in stock. This POP easily rises to $60. Even with the random restocks, give it a few weeks, and it’ll shoot back up.

This is a good one for the music fans:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RegExrTech/463019749?irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_2FL3hpTvCxyLRNJwUx0Mo3Z3UkG3gExC3VlB0w0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_489740&clickid=2FL3hpTvCxyLRNJwUx0Mo3Z3UkG3gExC3VlB0w0&sharedid=&affiliates_ad_id=565706&campaign_id=9383

Currently, it’s the only way to get a Jim Morrison POP (or any band member).

This one is good for a 2-year hold. Everyone loves GITD POPs, and Scarlet Witch became an immediate fan favorite at the end of Wandavision. This will definitely be sought after once it gets vaulted.

Don’t EE exclusives usually have pretty big production runs, though?

They do, but depending on the fandom, they can still heat up.

Some examples are:

The recently released John Lennon
Bane (Día de los Muertos)
The Rock
Sub-Zero

With the ultimate example being The Black Knight from Monty Python’s: The Holy Grail

Haha, do his arms fall off?

Haha, close enough:

1 Like

Two major announcements today. These two exclusives will surely be sought after. The last Valentine’s Funko Shop Exclusive was an R2D2 that sells for $50-$60.

1 Like

And here’s the link for Mando + Grogu:

1 Like

And just like that, here’s the link for the Bo-Katan drop. Watch this like a hawk!

https://www.funko.com/shop/details/star-wars-valentines-bo-katan-kryze-pop

Here’s one to look out for. The Peacemaker TV show dropped its first 3 episodes on HBO MAX last night. I really enjoyed them, and it looks like critics and fans are loving them as well. They did make one Peacemaker POP for The Suicide Squad movie. You can currently still buy it on Amazon for retail price:

You might even find it at your local stores still.

On eBay, his POP sells for around $15, with a few outlier sales hitting $20. I feel that as the show gains more traction, and he continues to stick around for DCEU films, this POP will slowly keep rising.

Definitely a buy and hold.

1 Like

Scream for me, CHU!

About 2 years ago, Funko released the first Iron Maiden POPs featuring their mascot, Eddie. More are scheduled to release later this year, but the first ones are now starting to heat up:

Piece of Mind and Number of the Beast are currently valued the highest out of all the commons.

Don’t count out the Paul Di’Anno Eddies, as they are slowly climbing up as well. Some of these prices seem to be higher on eBay.

Chances are you might still find them out in the wild.

Funko also released a 4-pack GITD which is undervalued on PPG. This 4-pack is surpassing $100 on eBay and can already be considered a grail.

Like I said, the second wave of these will be released later this year, with the Hot Topic exclusive already having hit stores and disappearing right away. However, now’s the time to hunt down the first wave.

Man, those common Daredevil Netflix Pops have skyrocketed!

2 Likes

Here’s a mega one dropping today!

Yu-Gi-Oh Swordsman.

https://www.funko.com/shop/details/anime-yu-gi-oh-silent-swordsman-lv0-pop

Drops at 930am PST.

1 Like