Geiger #1

Yeah I just used the link above for the Nocterra glow in the dark and ordered some Geigers at the same time. All of it counts.

Don’t be sorry. And I didn’t feel that it was an attack. Just from time to time it has to be mentioned. I see it in other comic groups where they point out that we use affiliate links. We do. We admit it. We always have. My rambling was more meant directed to the other groups that say “give me $5 a month because we are not like CHU that uses affiliate links”.

4 Likes

I like the affiliate links. Someone’s talking about a specific book and all I have to do is click on it. No going to another site and typing it in. It’s very convenient.

1 Like

Also one can consider… You click an affiliate link and buy something, the site makes some change and yet you still pay the same amount for the item. Its not like your paying more cause its an affiliate link. If its an affiliate link or not, its transparent to the clicker.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if TFAW ships to the UK?

Yes.

Just read Geiger #1 and I really liked it. I’ll try and get a sneak peek preview up…

9 Likes

Website costs. I know. I have domain names I’m sitting on. Plus the effort and complexity and keeping it safe. Just cancel the ones who complain. You don’t know what you have until you lose it.

Lol. Yeah. I am all for free expression of ideas and hate to cancel anyone. Unless they are belligerent and causing problems. Or stalking Poyo.

There is no such thing as cancel culture. People being held responsible in some way for there oftentimes illegal activities is not being canceled. It’s called being an adult and there are consequences for your actions. I can be fired for social media posts so I don’t post often. How’s holding someone else accountable a bad thing?

9 Likes

Can’t upvote/“heart” this enough.

1 Like

I always try to remember the pure legal aspect of it which usually keeps me level headed when confronted with these types of things.

1. The Constitution protects your right against government censorship of your right to free speech regardless of it’s content (with exceptions such as the classic “fire!” In a crowded theater.”
  2. That right applies to speech you like and speech you don’t. So if you want to spout radical anarchy, you need to be ok with the guy across the street spouting radical xenophobic fascism.
  3. No, private companies do not need to keep you employed if you spout off offensive points of view and you have no protection under the law. The right to say what you like is a right to not have it censored, not a right to keep your employment or any other privilege from a private institution after having said it.

If you remember these things, your life will be easier, you won’t be surprised with a job termination, and you’ll be able to write off speech offensive to you knowing you can say what you like in return.

TL;DR: no companies don’t have to put up with your shitty points of view that you think are oh so very insightful.

2 Likes

I went straight for “TL;DR” as I’ve never seen that before…skipped over everything else you wrote ahead of that…looked it up.

Ironic!

2 Likes

Hahahaha.

HaHa, I had to Google the meaning. Damn I’m getting old

And people can always boycott companies that have the wrong point of view also. Companies need to be held accountable for their harmful actions on society.

1 Like

I was able to get another 6 issues yesterday at my LCS. There was a bunch the day before and when I went back there were about half of that. So far I was able to get 4 of cover A and 2 each of the cover B & C from my LCS. I think I did order some issues of cover A from TFAW & MyComicShop. If this comic heats up based on the story this will be a great pick up for the long term.

1 Like

Man… I wish I had stalkers… Wife stopped paying attention to me years ago so I can use the extra attention.

3 Likes

Cody

2 Likes

Oh… That special person. Meh, he’s not my type.

2 Likes