Geiger #1

Disappointed. The book was great but as I was reading, the centerfold somehow came loose from the staples. Wow, never had that happen on brand spanking new book before.
When I visit LCS next week I’m gonna have to get another for the collection. He had a stack Still at cover last time there, hope they aren’t defects lol

FYI,

TFAW has the Glow in the Dark #1 listed and the 2nd Printing available for those that missed out on the other firsts and or want the second printing.

This happened to me many years ago on the Scarlet Spider (2011-2012 run). I was reading issue 2 then one of the pages ripped of the staples. I replaced it though. But that has been the only book that has happened to me on.

And…same here.

Geiger #1 was a really great read. I like this story. Reminds me of Fallout New Vegas meets Arcade from X-Men #123.

2 Likes

You all notice this on the back of Geiger?
At first I was irked and thought, wth happened to my books, how did they get stained! Then I noticed it is on the ones on Ebay as well. Maybe some sort of printing flaw? or perhaps that’s how they wanted to look.
These books are from different dates at different shops btw. Different covers as well. Does that part glow in the dark? haha.

1 Like

Is it bleed through from the other side of the page?

I think its supposed to be like that since its mimicking old vintage cartoons

3 Likes

That is what I was wondering, I thought that might be the case given what is on back cover.

Let’s wait to see how CGC grades these… :joy:

2 Likes

Geiger is getting a 3rd printing…

4 Likes

And the 2nd print is officially sold out at TFAW.

Maybe I was me linking to it in my main site article… :slight_smile:

Just picked up the #1 glow in the dark, and another Geiger #1 one per store variant. Geiger #1 one per store hit the floor, so I got it for a discounted price. Read some of the storyline on an online article somewhere, and the coloring is pretty nice. Not used to the new comics so much, but the actual story premise isn’t bad. Still, it’s another post apocalyptic story. There’s been some really bad post apocalyptic movies. Walking Dead is actually winding up later than I though, due to spreading the episodes out in parts of 3. AMC according to some news I read has some cash flow issues, due to whatever flu or whatever. The Geiger is set in Nevada. There’s a remake of the Stand that is either done or already aired, since I don’t keep up with much stuff, lately. What’s anybody’ s guess on this one ? I’ve lost all my contacts that I had in film production, so not much inside gossip comes my way anymore.

1 Like

I’m going to start throwing all my comics on the floor.

1 Like

With the 70 plus new hires at CGC, bet a bunch are going to grade lower cause of newbie handling errors.

Geiger one per stores have noticeable staining on the backs . Did see a 9.8 at the shop yesterday, another altogether different comic, which had it on the front, and they still gave it a 9.8. Should have taken a picture, because I can’t remember witch it was right now.

Personally, I think Geiger is going to do decent. The story starts pretty good. It has a lot that can happen. Post apocalyptic usually does decent. Artwork is good. It has a lot going for it. Need to see how they grow the story.

4 Likes

I am interested to see what happens when the Johns/Frank delays kick in. Will all heat and momentum be lost?

1 Like

Well, at least with Image we know we got the first 3 done and ready… :wink: