Geiger #1

I also was looking at TFAW for one mentioned here. So actually clicked back thru here to be able to click back to the book and get it.

1 Like

A friend of mine got screwed on this issue,he went to the LCS to buy a copy and stumbled on the 1 per store variant, was priced at $10 so he grabbed it. The LCS contacted him later and said it was put out in error and a customer has already purchased it, they apologized and asked if they can send a courier to collect, he said it was fine and brought it back to the shop next day for a refund.

That same day he brought it back the LCS put it up on their online store for $70 he contacted them and they said customer said he didn’t want it anymore. I called BS and if that was the case why didn’t they contact him to say customer no longer wants it and since you bought it would you still like to have it. They just wanted to make an extra bit of money, he further questioned the actions and excuses came out from everywhere. I told him he should go public with it and post it on their facebook page but he is too nice :stuck_out_tongue:

@IbukiLord I’ve seen quite a few posts involving nonsense and shady stuff, but that one takes the cake. I would have that shop on absolute 100% full blast. I likely wouldn’t have returned the book to begin with (could easily just say I gave it to a buddy or something).

Ok, so the fellow didn’t want it, give it back to me for the $10 I paid for it.
Man oh man…I would have lost my cool over that.

5 Likes

That is extremely messed up.

1 Like

Like some retailers and shops love to spout… “All sales are final!”… that would have been my response if my local shop told me to bring something back after I already purchased it.

2 Likes

Indeed it was, when he told me the store contacted him I said to him tell them tough luck or that you sold it. The thing that got him though was them saying it was put aside for a customer, he said if it was him he would have appreciated the person bring it back so he could have the book he paid for, but my thoughts where if that was true why did it have a price tag on it and why was it out?

So when it popped up on their online store at more than 6 times his original purchase price it was a is this really happening moment. He contacted one of the guys that works there and the excuses just kept piling up, eventually he spoke to the owner of the shop who pretty much said it was a mistake we can’t sell you a thank you variant at that price, we can give you a discount on another book you want. I said he needs to put up all the communications on their store page on facebook and put them on blast so the public can see how they are operating, unfortunately that also means the store can refuse his business from now on and where we are an LCS is a rare source.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t have to refuse me business, I would never go there again.

Actually he can, thank you variants are FREE to retailers… it’s 100% profit for them, even if they sell it for a penny. So F this shop… need to shame them for such absurd business practices.

5 Likes

What’s the online store? I think they deserve to get outed over trying to make a measly $60 by lying. I’m sure it could end up costing them many times that in future sales.

1 Like

They flat out lied and the owner admitted it. There’s no excuse for that. F them.

1 Like

Wow, those people need to be put on loudspeaker…

2 Likes

Not sure why a store would want to burn a customer like that, over something they got for free. Very shortsighted.

3 Likes

I’ll post them idc give me the convo/info I’ll blast em so you can still go. I’m with all the smoke.

3 Likes

I understand comic shops being rare in an area, but likewise, does this LCS have so many customers that it can afford to piss off one like this? There are only so many collectors who are willing to pay $10, let alone $70, for a new book. Outside of MAJOR metro areas, I don’t think people like us are that common.

2 Likes

When a shop burns a customer, they’re likely burning a repeat customer that could result in hundreds or even thousands of dollars a year revenue.

Like myself. I use to spend upwards of $400 a month easily at one point. A few shops did me wrong, now they get zero of that money I’m willing to spend. They might see it as missing out on one sale but not thinking about all the future sales from me.

So yeah, most businesses can shoo off one customer but in this type of business, like comics, this is a weekly type of consistent shopping. New books come out every week. A comic shop, you should be trying to keep and attain as many repeat customers that you can. It’s not your normal everyday business that caters to a wider audience where you can lose a customer every now and then.

2 Likes

A certain online comic store did me wrong. I wrote them a few “nice” reviews and they all of a sudden wanted to get some customer service and look into my issues…except it was too late. I had wasted enough time. $100 orders every month they lost.
The fact the owner went through such hoops for a small profit tells me they won’t be in business long. Foolish.

1 Like

That’s the key phrase… why shops are doing what they do to make a few bucks but throwing away future potential revenue… it’s like they’re tripping over dollars to save dimes…

I mean a key to business is to treat your people right. Not only for return business, but because it’s the right thing to do FFS. If you paid $10 for a book you thought was 7x that but wasn’t, you wouldn’t go back to the seller and say you made a mistake. You’d bite the bullet and move on.

5 Likes

I understand being hesitant especially if that’s their only source for books locally. As much as they should be outed and put on blast, I get it. They’re obviously going to know who it’s coming from since they would’ve only had one copy of that particular book.

Dang, I feel for your friend. I’d be hot but completely understand keeping quiet. I’d have a hard time with this. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

What shop was it?

He should stop giving them business. Your friend sounds like a nice guy, but I am sure there are alternatives to that LCS?

He has, all orders have been cancelled and moved to another LCS.

3 Likes