George Perez

Bump! Just to make you all nervous! Yes, I’m an ass.

2 Likes

In all honesty, it’s sad about Perez but what is comforting is he seems okay with what’s inevitable so it’s easier I think knowing he’s content in his own decision. So we should not be so sad but celebrate his life now and after he passes eventually.

3 Likes

7 Likes

I love the collaboration and this might be the first time that McFarlane has done art for DC since the 80s? I could be totally wrong.

2 Likes

This as a POSTER… BEING SOLD AUTOGRAPHED by Georgie himself…

Uhm Yeah! I bid like $130 to start it off!

1 Like
2 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

:sob: :sob: :sob:

DAMN

3 Likes

Rough year for comics so far. RIP. At least he was here long enough to see an outpouring of love from his fans.

4 Likes

We knew it was coming but it still flipping stings.

4 Likes

Sucks but hope he is at peace. Totally feel for his family. I hope I have the dignity to go with as much grace as he did. Very wonderful person.

7 Likes

Man…just makes me sad.

I think about the fact that today it is free comic book day. I think of the hundreds of young children and fans at the shops I saw today. Eyes wide with excitement. He was a part of that. He made an impact on this world. He will be missed.

Rest in peace George. :cry:

4 Likes

All the greats are dying and we will be left with…Donnie Cates.

6 Likes

Don’t worry, Cates is young, most of us will die before he’ll die! :wink:

4 Likes

Really sad news. I had a chance to meet him once and get some stuff signed. He was a super sweet guy to talk with - very down to earth.

6 Likes

George Perez was at Baltimore Comic Con years ago. This was when it used to be at the Towson Hilton. Anyway I went to the hotel bar the night before and bought drinks for Michael Avon Oeming, Matt Wagner and John K Snyder. Ended up with some great sketches that night. Matt and I struck up a friendship and he and John told me to stop by their table at the signing. So next day I go to artist row and Matt was sitting next to George Perez. I go behind the table at the invite of Matt. I am standing there for a while and George offers me his seat. I told him there was no way I could take his chair. He said it was no problem he wanted to stand for a while. So I sat at his table and talked to him for a while. Such a genuinely nice guy. This was many years ago before people charged for sketches or signatures. I saw him years later at a signing for a comic he was working on. He was signing at Third Eye. He remembered me. Remembered the conversation.

10 Likes

My only Perez dig, but one of my fav sigs. Very neat and the silver pops against the gold.

Never met him, but big fan of his runs on Batman and Infinity Gauntlet. He was the man when I was getting into comics, for sure.

6 Likes

Very sad. I remember when I was a kid and started collecting. Bob Kane, Kack Kirby and Joe Shuster were still alive. Perez was still considered a young gun at the time. It goes by so quick. He certainly made his mark and it was a damn good one! RIP Mr. Perez. You will be missed.

2 Likes

Great power comes with great responsibility…

I never actually got a chance to “sit down” with George. But looking from a far and just passing him once when he was at San Jose Comic Con. I just notice the vibe he had, at that time I didn’t know who he was but now I can see and feel the impact he had on people’s life. Which reminds me of a line from the past and it goes like “it is not what underneath that defines me but what I do that defines me.”

1 Like